A Perfectly Reasonable Amount of Schadenfreude about Things Happening to Trump & His Enablers (Part 1)

Continued movement by the FBI against the false electors:

And in other news…

I’m glad to see this.

And just to verify but, to my knowledge, the current head of the FBI is a Republican who was appointed by a Mister Donald J. Trump?

correct. he is indeed.

Is that a whiff of trouser-smoke I smell?

Actions have consequences; who knew?

Aha! There it is! :smiley:

That’s the trailer my wife saw. Her note to Discovery, as she told to me, was, “This is a smoking gun.”

Actually, I think what she saw had more than that, because she had a lot more detail about it when she was talking to me.

It just occurred to me… How ironic would it be if the committee was able to convict Trump based on footage from that documentary? Basically, he rose to power via reality television, and in the end it could be the same tool that brings him down.

Live by the ego, die by the ego.

I’m guessing he wanted the documentary in order to have a video of his triumph running on loop in the presidential library.

Let me correct myself here. I don’t think the committee can convict a ham sandwich. They are presenting their findings to the public. It will be up to the DOJ or whoever to do any sort of enforcement of anything.

How does one get in on this sweet deal? It sounds like fun. Does she get to watch an entire show or just clips? Do they give her free access to Discovery+? Inquiring minds want to know!

Sadly, it’s been my belief that the congressional investigations and news reports will do little to shift public opinion one way or another with regard to Trump. But that the one thing that might work would be a dramatized HBO series of his presidency ala Oliver Stone’s JFK.

She’s been doing this for like 2 months now. I’m not entirely sure how she got started.

I’ll have to ask her. I Googled it and I found multiple places to sign up, but they are all from around 2012 and every link is long dead. My guess is that they noticed her commenting on their stuff and sent her an invite.

The Discovery family is huge. It includes Bravo, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, HGTV, and a lot more.

I watch tons of Discovery channels. HGTV, Food Network, ID Channel… I’d love to get in on it, too!

I’m dying to see this trailer.

And Trump did not appear at his swearing-in, the first time that’s ever happened. Not important, but interesting. I’m slightly surprised Trump picked him, actually.

Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz, Mo Brooks, Louie Gohmert, Andy Biggs, and Scott Perry all asked for White House pardons.

Why would they need pardons, hmm?

For being Republicans?

There’s no pardoning that.

I think Mr. Holden should have worded this as “not hired by Trump, etc.” There is, after all, a difference between getting hired to do some work and getting paid for having done that work.

Or maybe “allisrightintheworldofcomeuppance”.