A piano mysteriously appeared in my house and no one knows its origin

Oh sure, pun away, you heartless posters. Have a laugh at my expense. But see how you feel when a piano appears in YOUR living room without warning. It’s … disconcerting.

I’ve checked my email archives from last summer, since it is unlikely I’d purchase a piano and not mention it to anyone. But the word “piano” only comes up when I mention going to the local church, where the pastor generously allowed me to practice on their piano even though I’m not a member. Now, if I had a piano at home, would I be going over to the church to practice?

The mystery continues.

Well, all these votes have certainly tipped the scale in dont ask’s favor.

Although I have to say its isn’t just a black or white decision.

Sorry. I’ll go pedal my jokes elsewhere.

It’s been grand hanging out with all you upright folks.

So, CairoCarol, you’re going to let us know when you find out, right?

So you ARE a piano player. That takes it out of the “mistaken delivery” category and puts it into one of two others.
A. Rich admirer buys anonymous gift.
B. Crazy stalker steals piano and your house keys and puts in in your house.

If she finds out … cue ominous music

Maybe your husband bought you a piano and it was supposed to be a huge surprise. Like, it has one of those giant bows they have for gift cars on it.

And you never went in and saw it.

And this was five years ago.

And now it would be embarassing to bring it up.

So now nobody will cop to the piano. Which is looking kind of embarassed itself.

Oh, go sort your tiles. :slight_smile:

So…does anyone (besides the piano, that is) have the keys? Any possibility that a friend or relative had occasion to move it into your house for some unknown reason?

Wait for the rest of the orchestra to show up. Then it will no longer be disconcerting.

Search it for letters of transit. Find out who signed them.

I wouldn’t give don’t ask too much credit. He/she most likely put the piano there in the first place just to set herself/himself up for that pun. It’s a mental illness really.

I still want to know if it was in the middle of the floor or arranged into the furniture scheme. Arranged into the furniture scheme puts it into a creeper realm than just dumped in a room.

Tickle it’s ivories and see if it plays a new tune.

Maybe it’s George Carlin trying to prove there’s life after death.

The pastor knows you need a piano, a member of his church had an unwanted piano and he arranged with some friend of your’s to get it to your house?

Pitiful, pitiful. :frowning:

There. That’s it. That’s the reason I subscribe to this board.

That’s exactly what I just said to supervenusfreak (after explaining the whole setup and joke to him).

This thread has me giggling like a madwoman. The setup is so delightfully, Monty Python-esquely bizarre, and then don’t ask just slammed it out of the park.

CairoCarol, what type of piano is it, upright or grand? Because that’s somehow even weirder if it’s a grand. If I were to compile a list of “Things that are very large and thus highly impractical to smuggle into another person’s residence, even while they are away on a long trip, for the sake of mind-games”, a grand piano would be rather high up.

I will definitely be staying tuned to this thread in the hopes of finding out the story…

When it’s just a piano, it’s usually referred to as disrecitaling.

Why you little!

If I were Carol I would be afraid, in fact I would have my family move out, stat. What’s next? Elephants? Anvils?

You need an exorcist.