A piano mysteriously appeared in my house and no one knows its origin

You want to be careful, in case it’s a Trojan piano.

It is put in a very suitable spot. However, it has displaced a small bookcase. I must ask my husband where the bookcase is now. (He and my son went on a camping trip so I’ll have to wait a day or two.)

Well, I haven’t seen the piano, but I gather it is a Yamaha Clavinova (an electric piano), which as pianos go is smallish. But then, our living room is pretty small too.

Was the piano delivered by two men, one very large and the other much smaller, both wearing bowler (derby) hats and dungarees, and arguing a lot?

Also, do you live in an upper apartment with a block and tackle hanging randomly outside of your window?

Billy Joel!

I was in the middle of a sneeze when I read that. An aborted sneeze hurts!

(Does make you worry, if a moving van could come and deliver something, why couldn’t the moving-van bandits come while the house is empty.)

Missing bookcase? The plot thickens.

It’s a matter of mass balance. For decades, single socks have been disappearing from driers . . .

Plus all of those Biros .

You’re husband doesn’t have any other homes, does he?

I came in to say that.

That’s the second time this month!

The answer is now obvious. Being away, you missed the cocoon stage in between the larvae bookcase form and its present form.

Someone’s playing a-round.

I’d check to see what Auntie Em’s co-worker is doing and check the closets for signs of habitation.

This is quite a tale. I wonder how far you can spinet.

Maybe Glen Hansard bought it so you will remember him.

:wink:

Are you sure your husband’s not just messing with you and stringing you along?

If he is, I’d hammer him…flat.

You’re acting like this is a black and white issue.