[QUOTE=Lemur866]
Magellan01, I think you need to ditch your self-pity and stop pretending to yourself that you’re the lone voice of honor and truth fighting against the jerks, and that everyone else except you “starts shit”, but you, you’re the guy who finishes that shit.
[/QUOTE]
Although I do think that I am honorable, I have no illusion about me having a monopoly on that quality. Amid people who cannot or will not admit their errors and maybe even apologize, or bunch of jackals just piling on for the hell of it, I’d say there is no honor in those things.
[QUOTE=Lemur866]
That’s just delusional. You’re not fighting the jerks, you’re the jerk.
[/QUOTE]
Good line. Counter-productive as to your apparent intent, but good line nonetheless.
[QUOTE=Lemur866]
Everyone…and I mean everyone…thinks you’re a dork.
[/QUOTE]
Everyone in this thread? Probable. Everyone on these boards? I don’t think so. Everyone I interact with? Not close. But at least I now know where to go know when I want to know what “everyone” thinks.
[QUOTE=Lemur866]
And the common thread in all these encounters is you. If one guy thinks you’re a jerk, you shrug it off. If two guys think you’re a jerk, well, that’s just one of those things. If ten guys think you’re a jerk? That’s the time for a little self-reflection, dude. And when everyone thinks you’re a jerk? Time to sit yourself down, take out your soul and take a look at at. Maybe you’ll decide after a little reflection that it’s all the rest of us–with our schoolyard bullying and cliques and stalinist monkeys-in-pants social hierarchies–maybe we’re really the problem after all. But even if that’s true, you’ve got to figure out a way to live among us jerks without having an aneurism.
[/QUOTE]
And most of the time I do. I’ve had interesting discussions here. I’ve complimented people. People have complimented me. But there’s a strain of poster in GD and the Pit who are weak and would die if not a member of the vast majority, yet they look for posters who they perceive as wounded and start salivating and pawing and attacking. There’s another strain, bright, good debaters, that feel the desire to attack and squash all opposition to their world view. Actually, I try to ignore both groups. But there are times I need to defend myself, and defend myself I will. This thread has been one of those times.
I do not enjoy the type of stupidity that this thread has devolved into. But I am the one doing the defending. Why do you seek to place the burden on me? I am not attacking. I am responding. Can you point to one post of mine in this thread that was vitriolic that was NOT in response to vitriol or disparagement? I don’t thiink you can. Yet you point to me as the cause. People don’t like my responses, understood. I rather don’t care for being attacked. When the attacks stop, so will the responses. Seems pretty simple really. No?
On preview:
[QUOTE=Lemur866]
You can’t really honestly believe this, can you? Are you that out of touch with reality? Use your head for once in your life.
[/QUOTE]
Makes perfect sense to me. If you go jabbing at people you shouldn’t be surprised if you finally get punched. Kinda Life 001, don’t you think?
[QUOTE=Lemur866]
Y’know, I can’t help but feel that if you stopped lashing out at people and pulled yourself together you could remake yourself into a reasonable facsimile of a decent human being. Wouldn’t it be nice to be treated like a fellow human once in a while? But to earn that, you’ve got some work ahead of you.
[/QUOTE]
See above.