A Straight dope CD? Please read

Hello,
Some of you may have read Satan’s post about reviewing music for SDMB musicians where I mentioned the possibilty of making a compilation SDMB CD. There has been some interest in the idea by musicians. What I am looking for now is to see how many musicians would submit songs and how many non-musician dopers would be interested in getting a cd.

This unfortuanetly will not be a free venture. I need to know how many people so I can estimate cost of materials and shipping and let you know how much it would be. To keep costs down I think the cd will consist of a label on the cd with song names and band names and either a small paper insert inside of a plastic sleeve or a webpage with info on each band. No Jewel cases. I do not want to make money on this so please do not think I am scamming anyone. I just want to cover my costs because I think this could be VERY fun.

Please let me know.

Any submissions can be sent to
pezpunk@tampabay.rr.com

Either that or let me know what your song name and band name is if I can download it off of Napster.

This is in no way related to the staff of SDMB or the Cecil. Just a collection of music by people who hang out at the same place :slight_smile:

Hello? Anyone?

Well, I’d order one.

As for contributing something… well, let me see if I can meet some people who’d want to form a band. And I’ll have to get a new keyboard and start practicing again… and… well… I’ll get back to you…

BTW, if you could spare a megabyte or two on the CD for a data track, you could slip in some nicely designed printable jewel case inserts!

I know I’m getting ahead of things here, but I can’t wait for the “Name the Album” thread…

Once I get my midi stuff from my creative music course, I’ll be sure to add to that.

Oh god, naming an album, I’ve waited my whole life to do that.

Not a musician, but I would certainly buy one.

I would contribute and buy…

I would happily buy one.

I’d buy one.