A Tashabot Pitting

[QUOTE=Rigamarole]
Wow, that’s all you have to say for yourself? Grand.
[/QUOTE]

If she knows she cannot defend herself, maybe she chose the correct way of handling this. Notice we have wandered off into a side pitting of a much more consistent jerk.

I don’t recall **Tashabot ** ever causing a disturbance before, maybe I missed something. Sounds like she screwed up royally and got called for it. what can she say without burying herself deeper. Maybe a Mea Culpa?

Jim

[QUOTE=What Exit?]
If she knows she cannot defend herself, maybe she chose the correct way of handling this. Notice we have wandered off into a side pitting of a much more consistent jerk.

I don’t recall **Tashabot ** ever causing a disturbance before, maybe I missed something. Sounds like she screwed up royally and got called for it. what can she say without burying herself deeper. Maybe a Mea Culpa?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, possibly a “Geeze, you’re right, I screwed up…I never thought about journalists needing to avoid the appearance of impropriety in public even when not writing for the paper/magazine/website,” would be better than acting like she’s above it all.

If the proper way to act after being called on something you legitimately screwed up was to refuse to acknowledge it, the corrections page wouldn’t exist.

[QUOTE=What Exit?]
I don’t recall **Tashabot ** ever causing a disturbance before, maybe I missed something. Sounds like she screwed up royally and got called for it. what can she say without burying herself deeper. Maybe a Mea Culpa?
[/QUOTE]

Stopping lying about it would be a good start. * Mea culpa* would be a logical second step.

[QUOTE=Anaamika]
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who scratched my head at that whole post. It was completely confusing.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I thought his reason was pretty much there. It makes him laugh, and isn’t a pestulant nuisance on the bowel region like, say, Tashabot’s thread there.

[QUOTE=Gukumatz ]
Well, I thought his reason was pretty much there. It makes him laugh, and isn’t a pestulant nuisance on the bowel region like, say, Tashabot’s thread there.
[/QUOTE]

I just meant I didn’t know which one was “he” and which one was “she” and got all confused.

Read my sig!

I’m a she, Tashabot is a she, Quiddity Glomfucker is a she, and I am pretty sure that **Carol Stream **is a guy.

You’re a she.

Gukumatz is a guy, pretty sure.

One of my biggest problems with QG is that while she’s touting her lovingkindness in page after page after page of long winded self importance, she’s not hiding her snarky teeth very well.

Shit, I just did a cursory search on the last 20 or so posts on both QG and CS? (HEY MODS??? THAT 2 MINUTE SEARCH FUNCTION SUCKS ASS.) Carol comes out *way *less snarky. Carol must have switched to decaf and QG must be feeling comfortable in her environs.

Who woulda thunk it?

[QUOTE=dahfisheroo]

You’re a she.
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification. :stuck_out_tongue:

But, see I thought you were a guy. I always read it as “danfisheroo”.

I, for one, welcome our new female overlords (or should that be overladies?)

[QUOTE=saoirse]
[deep conspiracy theory] words on the internet is an HSA agent still keeping an eye on tashabot [/deep conspiracy theory]

[deeper conspiracy theory] He works with Giraffe[/deeper conspiracy theory]
[/QUOTE]

glances around furtively

Who told?! :eek:
Disclaimer: poster is neither affiliated with nor claims to represent any government agency or SDMB mod. Any accusation of such shall be categorically denied and attributed to the disorder known as “Fox Mulder-itis”.

[huffing and puffing] Sorry I got here late, folks. This is pretty impressive. 110 posts so far, and the pittee herself hasn’t even come in to argue with anybody. She dropped in briefly, to marvel at having her own (or pwn) pit thread. I suppose she’s Jewish, with that religious name, ta’shabot. :wink: A good 30 or so posts were about “pwned,” and its 104 (in Urban Dictionary) definitions, but I guess that’s par for the cwrse.

Now, for all you grwning pwn mwners, allow me to add a couple more definitions that I didn’t see, yet.

pwned, past-tense v., originally spelled poned. Presented with corn pone, a kind of cornbread in the southern US. ex. “The minute Beauregard came in the door, I poned him. He was plumb tickled.”

pwned, past-tense v., derived from Eur. fairy tale Jack And The Beanstalk. utterly vanquished, as in “I ground his bones to make my cornbread.”
:smiley:

[QUOTE=Words on the Interweb]
glances around furtively

Who told?! :eek:
Disclaimer: poster is neither affiliated with nor claims to represent any government agency or SDMB mod. Any accusation of such shall be categorically denied and attributed to the disorder known as “Fox Mulder-itis”.
[/QUOTE]

Why the heck did it take you so long to de-lurk, anyway? You fit in just fine. Welcome to Doperdom, and watch out for the goat with the crooked horn – he hooks to the left.

[QUOTE=Giraffe]
Sure, most people would look at the fact that tashabot is lazy, sloppy, unable to give a coherent factual account of a past sequence of events, dislikes being around politicians she disagrees with and has a bad memory for factual detail and wonder at her desire to be a journalist. But they don’t realize that finding another job is really, really hard. Who has the motivation?
[/QUOTE]

Well said, and I agree. I find it bewildering, that someone who has chosen the vocation of journalist, would even be able to carry out such actions. It should be contrary to their very nature. At least, one would hope so! Am I too niave, after all this time of thinking of myself as becoming jaded?

OK, I’m trying to catch up on this thread. I hate it when I wade into a pile-on late. A little clarification please - are we pitting:

(a) tashabot,
(b) Qiddity Glom-whatever,
© Carol Stream, or
(d) a player to named later?

I need one of those recaps. Previously, on ‘A Tashabot Pitting’…

[QUOTE=Zabali_Clawbane]
Well said, and I agree. I find it bewildering, that someone who has chosen the vocation of journalist, would even be able to carry out such actions. It should be contrary to their very nature. At least, one would hope so! Am I too niave, after all this time of thinking of myself as becoming jaded?
[/QUOTE]

I can’t say whether this is the case in this instance, but I’ve met wannabe journalists before where it was all about the “cool” factor, or changing the world, or whatever, but nothing about the writing. They were eventually weeded out when it came time to actually learn the craft. And the only way to do that was to write, write, and then write some more. And I don’t mean Live Journal musings.

“Overvixens” will do.

[QUOTE=Shoshana]
“Overvixens” will do.
[/QUOTE]
And not “Overvaxens”? Now what will I install 4.4 on?

Are you sure you don’t have a tape drive?

Honey, that is not an okay question to ask your overvixen.

[QUOTE=Shoshana]
Honey, that is not an okay question to ask your overvixen.
[/QUOTE]

I’ll get the ball gag.

[QUOTE=dahfisheroo]
I’ll get the ball gag.
[/QUOTE]

You gag your balls? :eek:

[QUOTE=D_Odds]
OK, I’m trying to catch up on this thread. I hate it when I wade into a pile-on late. A little clarification please - are we pitting:

(a) tashabot,
(b) Qiddity Glom-whatever,
(c) Carol Stream, or
(d) a player to named later?

I need one of those recaps. Previously, on ‘A Tashabot Pitting’…
[/QUOTE]

Well it started as a pitting of tashabot, but as the pitting was apparently a little boring and so many of agree that **Qiddity Glom ** is currently the most annoying poster on the dope, it seems to have migrated over to her. Carol Stream was just mentioned in passing. Used as a bench mark for **QG ** to be more annoying then. Feel free to throw in the player to be named later.

Jim