Adjustment Bureau

The important thing is that as in so many areas where they have directly competed, Matt Damon’s PKD movie is better than Ben Affleck’s PKD movie.

I just returned from seeing it. I think it would have been a lot better if the movie had ended about two thirds of the way through. I especially didn’t like the very end, which I think destroyed the premise of the movie and turned the whole thing into a sort of shaggy dog story.

I’ll agree with Lasciel that it’s probably a reference to the original story by PKD.
I saw the film on Saturday evening and dug out and read his short story, The Adjustment Team, on Sunday.
I liked the film (tacky ending, though!), but the short story was considerably different and, even as someone who’s a bit of a Phil Dick fan, pretty ropey.

I saw it yesterday and I’d say that’s an accurate description.

I was disappointed with the film because I was expecting a cross between The Bourne Identity and Inception with a twist of The Matrix (which would have been extraordinarily awesome) and instead got what I can only describe as a Chick Flick For Men.

The actual premise (which I understand is from a Philip K. Dick story) was really good, but the film just didn’t seem to do that much with it. I’d say wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it rather than seeing it at the cinema if anyone has friends making noises about it being something everyone could go and see at the movies.