Again with the annoying commercials!

I’m annoyed by Cascade’s “Do it every night” ad campaign. It’s not the cheesy double entendre that annoys me, it’s their claim that running your dishwasher every night with just a couple of dishes in it is a way to conserve water. While I don’t doubt that a dishwasher uses less water than hand washing, they seem to be making the assumption that you would otherwise be hand washing those couple of dishes every night. You’ll conserve even more water if you put those dishes in the dishwasher, but wait until you have a full load to run it.

Agree. I saw that one this morning and noticed they insinuate running a dishwasher with just a few things inside is A-OK. Out here in the parched west, water conservation is a real thing, and most people I know around here wait until the dishwasher is full (balancing between too full/dishes not clean and not full enough/wasting water).

The “Do it every night” thing is cute, sure, but it’s clearly meant to encourage over-consumption of their product.

I’ve never felt right about running the dishwasher unless it’s full. I figure that even if I have to run a bit of tap water to rinse or soak the dirtiest dishes, that’s still using less water than running several loads with a mostly empty dishwasher.

Hey, Wendy’s? Why are you still running those stupid Reggie Miller commercials? The tournament ended two weeks ago!

In this fantastically overblown Lincoln commercial, the driver let’s go of the steering wheel to highlight their hands-free driving experience. Too bad at the end they are driving on the wrong side of the road…does not inspire confidence in their technology…

Ha! They are. You think someone would notice.

In the same style I hate the GMC commerical where everyone claps along to We Will Rock you.

Yes I, and maybe Brian May, have been waiting all our lives to be able to clap along on long road trips. Talk about a solution in search of a problem (as depicted in the commercial). Are people really “driving” along not paying attention out there? Scary. I guess in real life they won’t spend five hours on the road head banging, but instead use the time effectively by texting and playing candy crush.

Heck, I was hand-clapping to The Cars’ “Let’s Go” while driving all the way back in high school. Of course it helped that my mom had an AMC Hornet hatchback with a steering wheel so big I could steer with my knees and still keep my feet on the pedals.

As seniors, my friends and I went to visit several college campuses. I drove about 60 miles using only my knees. On the way back, I ran the pedals and my friend in the front seat steered the whole way.

Teenagers really are something. Not always something good…but at least I was paying attention, ready to assume control if something happened.

Yeah, they have a rather simply puzzle and the "player’ does a couple right things then fails. Sadly, that is not at all the game they are advertising.

Yep. Or the beat the foes whose values are less than yours game.

I have never seen anything like Biggirl’s post, but then I am not much of a mobile game player, so…

Yep, this annoyed me for the same reason.

Ah, I used to drive a Hornet. Not a hatchback though.

O.k. Kelly Clarkson might be a perfectly nice person, but, man, does she have an annoying speaking voice. She’s doing an ad now for Wayfair (or some company like that), and every time it comes on I jump. It’s like she’s yelling, and the sound of her voice is annoying, and I dive for the remote. My sister agrees.

Nails on a chalkboard.

A Big Bank has a commercial where everyone at a party is just checking their banking app. Idiots.

To add a bit of scientific knowledge - do you know how large the full moon is when measuring it with a circle template at arms length?

3/8 of an inch. I’ve measured it.

I saw a commercial for Folger’s coffee today at lunch but can’t find it on YouTube. They show a full screen closeup of the inside of a coffee maker with a perforated round metal plate. Thick goo oozes through the holes in slow motion. Gaaaack!

Found it!

This Allegra commercial. The “Fur, you don’t phase me” guy looks like he’s just snatching up the cat toy to be mean. From the look on the cat’s face, he thinks so too. Allegra TV Spot, 'Allergens Won't Faze Me' - iSpot.tv

I remember that from X Files. The Black Oil! Run!

…and not just any party (assuming we’re talking about the same commercial) a freakin’ wedding reception, no less.

The dime trick! Hold out a dime at arm’s length and you can block out the full moon.

I actually like the stylistic nature of the Lincoln commercial. It’s dream like. I find images of giant moons beautiful. Earth should have a giant moon. or rings.

But they’re still driving on the wrong side. [needle scratch noise]

Medusa, who was raped by Zeus and cursed by a jealous goddess to turn people to stone, buys a pair of sunglasses from Amazon after she’s fed up with it, and is finally able to hang out in public. I’m down with that so far. She was clearly a victim in the original story.

So she goes to a bar, hangs out with a group of other women, and then some dude bro behind the bar winks at her. She takes off the sunglasses, turns him into stone, his lips fall from his face, and the narrator says he deserved it. That, I have a problem with. Awkward, creepy attempts at flirting certainly aren’t worth a probable death sentence.

And this commercial is in heavy rotation right now on MASN, where I watch my Washington Nationals baseball team.

I adore this commercial and was amused by all the comments on Reddit similar to yours.

Folger’s needs to do an update on the incest commercial. I’d like to know what those crazy kids have been up to.