Plain old Nyquil liquid is exactly the same, and always has been, AFAICT: acetaminophen, and about 10% alcohol, plus other meds for cough suppression and nasal congestion.
That’s despicable.
Yes, of course- but those “other meds for cough suppression and nasal congestion” make it a not horrible choice. And if you just take one dose at night, you should be okay. But swilling this Painquil all day can be dangerous. Depending on other factors.
I thought the Plexaderm commercials couldn’t get any worse, but now they’re using creepy AI actors. There’s another snake oil commercial (I can’t remember the product) that at least acknowledges in decently-sized text at the bottom of the screen that the soulless creatures on your screen are, in face, AI-generated.
There’s one I’ve been seeing lately that isn’t precisely annoying, but confusing. It’s an ad for a jeweler, Kay’s I think. The ad shows a pretty woman hugging a man and smiling. OK, so far, that makes sense: She’s obviously happy because of the bling he just gave her. But then, she smiles more, and points directly towards the camera. What’s that about? Is she somehow crediting me, the viewer of the ad, for the jewelry gift? I didn’t give it to you; that dude you’re hugging did. Presumably, I’m supposed to identify with that guy, and conclude that if I give my girlfriend jewelry, she’ll be happy with me, too. But that pointing breaks that identification: It shifts me from being “that guy” to “some rando who’s watching this happy couple through a window”.
More of the weird gelatin commercials on YouTube.
This one starts with “How the fuck do I get a dick bigger than that horse using gelatin?” (seriously, that’s word for word) It’s said by a guy wearing a cowboy hat and holding an oversized box of Jell-o to some blonde woman
I haven’t gotten past that point in this commercial. Thankfully the “skip” button appears at the end of that sentence.
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier:
Plexaderm has one in their AI-generated commercial.
This, and other ads for Massey Lawn Services. It’s not that the ad is that offensive in general but … that guy … with his squinty face and that vocal fry delivery. For some reason the only thing I can think of when I see him is Wishmaster II:
Looks like “Mayhem”, from the Allstate ads- played by Dean Winters.
Looks like Mayhem if Mayhem’s head caught fire and was put out with acid.
Damn! That Dude UGLY!
Okay, not that I’m interested in buying the Horse Dick Jell-O, but man, I really want to see this commercial now!
How could you not watch it all the way through even once??? Sounds like a laugh riot.
Huh, I missed that one.
Hehe, I am just pretty irritated by the procession of weird apple cider vinegar and jello commercials that claim the concoction is supposed to: give you a bigger and harder dick, cure diabetes, cure heart disease, cure obesity, etc. etc. etc. They’re all obviously AI generated and the mouth movements are about as in sync as they are in older Godzilla movies.
But then again, this one does start out with a better first line than the others all have. Maybe I’ll resist the urge to skip it if it comes on again.
That sounds like a classic X-Y problem.
Usually when I open YouTube, the ad in the upper left corner is for Kinetic wireless. Often with a scruffy looking guy with a weird expression on his face. For some reason, I listened to it. The woman voiceover asks him why he hasn’t ditched his shitty internet for theirs. His strange answer, in either an accent or a speech impediment, requires closed captions to understand. He says, “um…long uploads teach me patience?”
One of my favorite commercials is an Australian ad, Carlton Draught: Big Ad, from 2005. The music is from O Fortuna with their own lyrics.
Some information about the commercial is at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlton_Draught:\_Big_Ad
It has a link at the bottom of the page.
Today… I saw a new commercial for Jif Peanut Butter that also uses the music from O Fortuna. It even has a section with “big big big…” and the other commercial uses big a lot (the name is Big Ad).
It’s not a bad commercial, but it pales in comparison.
I just turned on the TV and was greeted by one of those Money Reserve commercials before I changed the channel.
They got Mike Rowe for the voiceover.
After I posted about U.S. Money Reserve, I Googled a few weeks ago and the site I found said they’re selling not bullion coins but collectible ones. The difference is that the collectible ones can be sold at a cost more than the value of the metal, which is where the company makes a profit.
Oh my God, we may have a winner in the clubhouse.
Watching the BMW Championship coverage of the PGA FedEx playoffs has foisted upon us the nadir of pseudo-digestive advertisements.
Of course I am speaking of the Chick-Fil-A catastrophe hyping the Honey Pimento Chicken Sandwich and Pineapple Dragonfruit potable.
An utter embarrassment. A Sunday school class dressed in 80’s neon seizing to a soundtrack of KidzBop deep cuts.
The fast food equivalent of the Kars4Kids campaign.
Step 1: make a mold of a dick bigger than a horse.
I think you get the gist from there.
And those would be great instructions for a giant jello dildo snack. Still doesn’t explain how these folks are planning on getting bigger dicks for themselves with gelatin and apple cider vinegar.
I’ll admit to having some curiosity on what their plan is, but I kept skipping them, and they seem to have stopped for the time being.