Again with the annoying commercials!

This is the one where they’re trying to be all trendy and booty quake but are too Christian for a belly shirt so the lead dancer puts on an almost but not quite skin colored bodysuit under her crop top belly shirt?

Found it! I saw it on TV, and thought “How sad. Why does a church group think they can look like MJ’s BAD video?”

So that’s what I miss by trying to not look at the TV during commercials!! :rofl:

I actually like the Limu Emu. Now they have a new, lame, annoying commercial featuring a round yellow plush talking tennis ball thing. Liberty Bibberty. Oh, please. At least the emu did some funny stuff in the background.

When it comes to Liberty Mutual, I’d like to see more of the budding romance between Lousy Actor and the girl he invited for “la-zag-na.”

Yeah, the yellow hairy tennis ball needs to go.

I’ve probably mentioned this before, but sports betting apps. I like TV sports, and I understand commercials, but honestly, when every break in the game is nothing but ads for sports betting apps, it gets a little tiresome.

Plus the implication that you can’t really enjoy TV sports unless you’re betting on them. I’ve watched sports for decades, and enjoyed them without feeling the need to bet on them. Heck, I’m a fan of horse racing—a sport where betting is a big part—and yet, I don’t bet on every race. To me, some races are for entertainment only, or similar.

Sure, allow sports betting. Just stop so many of the sports betting app commercials during game breaks.

Speaking of commercials for sports betting apps, there’s one currently in heavy rotation on Hulu. A guy is in a sports bar watching a baseball game. Someone hits a home run, causing the guy to win money, so he does a celebratory home run trot around the large circular bar.

Except that the guy runs around the bar clockwise. He even calls out “rounding third!” on his way back to his seat, at the approximate location of first, as he rounds the imaginary bases backwards. It makes me irrationally angry.

I posted about the Liberty bibberty couple weeks ago.

Now my new favorite “hate” is the Mer-man lifeguard. For the life of me I don’t know what they’re advertising or what they’re thinking.

It’s for Morgan & Morgan, a large personal-injury law firm. It’s running regularly here in Chicago, too. Their ads are usually very serious and straightforward, so I suspect this is an attempt to see if they can take a different approach to their ads to stand out from their many competitors.

I think they were going for “cringey enough to get talked about”.

Including fat shaming and more. What assholes.

After years of having to see and hear John Morgan blathering on, I find this hilarious. Plus, I’m always on board for mermen.

Is it fat-shaming though, or a celebration of body positivity? He looked pretty comfortable in his own skin (or…scales?). Not to mention, he was really rockin’ that classic skullet & fu manchu 'stache combo.

Yeah, and he is attracting the ladies. Though, I don’t really know what they’re going to do. Classic mer-person story problem.

Who is doing the fat shaming? For aquatic people like the mer-man, fat is healthy for buoyancy purposes.

Oh yeah, no problems with Limu, it’s just…:tennis:. I agree with you on the yellow Liberty Bibberty thing too…someone finally yeets it off their car, and the thing just keeps talking. :face_with_peeking_eye:

LOL !

TopDog Law: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nr89H-69gM

Evidently, they have a string of equally weird radio commercials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBeBgSGkL8Y&1

Thought it was some kind of parody, but nope. The voice behind the ads is Terrell “Lucky” John.

I’m not a baseball fan at all, but that would piss me off too!

Well, Accenture (whatever that is) has entered the ChatGPT with their pseudo-talkshow campaign featuring CEO Julie Sweet.

In their submission for the “Most Tone-Def Ad of 1997,” Sweet interviews the CEO of Vodafone who notes (and you may want to sit down for this):

“We are changing our culture to really focus on our customers.”

Why didn’t anyone else think of this?! After all of these years focussing on, oh, I don’t know, the central office landscaping or the break room vending machine selection, they’re going to focus on the customers! Genius!!!

And they have Accenture to thank for that sage, forward-thinking advice.

What. An. Embarrassment.

It’s a major business and technology consulting company. It used to be the consulting division of accounting group Arthur Andersen, and became a separate company with the different name around 2001.