Hehe, the craziest part of that ad is that it implies that there’s more talk show, but it just cuts off.
I’m seeing recruiting ads for the armed services from “War dot Gov” (broke that link!) that prominently feature Warriors of the Female Persuasion and Black Dudes which this misadministration has made clear are not welcome.
What the Fuck?? God, I hate these Clowns. ![]()
Can someone, anyone explain what the hell is going on in this Perrier ad?
There’s a dog dressed like a human, someone is playing footsie, and some woman in a hat guzzles Perrier.
It seems a favorite approach in on-line ads is “We ordered too much - our warehouse is overflowing!!!” as well as “BOGO ends TONIGHT!!!”
It sure seems there are a lot of businesses that know nothing about inventory management. And the deals that “end tonight” will show up again in 2 or 3 days.
Way to induce panic buying!!!
What’s to explain? It’s not exactly Un Chien Andalou. The tagline is ‘As seen on the terrasse’. At a French bistro on any given day, one might might see: a young woman getting amorous with her date; a fashionable, eccentric woman who put a matching head scarf on her dog (the dog is hardly “dressed like a human”, it’s just a scarf); and, of course, someone enjoying a cold, refreshing Perrier.
I’ll give you this one. She was actually guzzling.
She was giving it head is what she was doing.
What I hate about sports betting ads is they carry over into the broadcast. They games have a pregame spot showing the odds (I. DON’T. CARE!) and the announcers will have some tie in during the broadcast.
I don’t know if other teams have this idea, but the Dbacks have a series of ten second minimercials that consist of basically the sponsor and the manager trading quips. It’s bad enough as it is, but then the announcers talk about it like it is the latest episode to drop of their favorite streaming series. Annoying!
Heheh, yeah. If it wasn’t obvious enough the whole thing is a scam because of the merchant being named (for example) “4Patriots”, the pressure to “BUY NOW” removes all doubt.
There’s a commercial for a psoriasis medication that’s getting a lot of airplay.
A few things annoy me about it: first, it’s yet another prescription drug commercial.
It features a woman in a doctor’s office. The doc is telling her about this great new psoriasis treatment when she sees a unicorn out the window and says “unbelievable!”. The doc, who has his back to the window, says “it is an unbelievable drug, right?”. She tries again, pointing toward the window and says “do you see…?” The doc says “the brochures? Sure, here’s a brochure”. Then she just sort of smiles and gives up, like “oh well, I guess there’s no way to communicate to this idiot that a sparkly cryptid is hanging around outside his office”. A doctor who fails to properly listen to his patients, that’s great doctoring. Not to mention, it’s a joke setup that a 5 year old would find dumb and unsophisticated.
Also, there’s clearly CGI / AI manipulation in this commercial. The unicorn for one of course, and I’m not sure of the patient-- there seems to be something off about her. Clearly if she is real, the angry psoriasis blemishes on her arm have been CGI’ed on-- they don’t even look as real as makeup would, and I think she might be entirely AI-created. It’s possible the entire commercial might only be the actor playing a doctor in front of a green screen.
Here, judge for yourself:
I’ve seen that commercial and, yes, it’s horribly annoying.
Liberty Mutual… AGAIN:
I don’t mind Doug and the Limu Emu - in fact, the commercial with Doug and his rebellious kid cracks me up (I especially like the X over the drawn Emu - the kid has issues!)
But LM started doing… or so I thought… Anthony Stewart Head-esque romance series with this square jawed guy and a girl. Two commercials, maybe three were in this series and then they just dropped the girl, the guy did one more commercial, and now we’re back to Doug and the Emu’s getting tennis lessons (and Doug can’t serve worth shit).
And the yellow biberty-ball can just go away. I want romance, not idiocy!
There’s a 4Patriots auxiliary generator.
It doesn’t run on gas or make stinky fumes. But it’s… woke SOLAR power! What true Patriot™ wants solar? That’s for wussy libtards. Make mine coal powered!
And of course, something solar powered that small isn’t going to power anything for very long. But don;t rely on the “crumbling power grids”!
trying again see below
There’s also a new (to me) commercial from the Progressive “Don’t be your parents” series. This one features an “influencer”. I tell you what. I’m with the folks on this one. “This one is just you opening a box of sneakers?”
The “Liberty Bibberty” guy originally appeared in an ad for Liberty Mutual a few years ago, playing a dumb actor who kept botching his lines while trying to film an ad. They brought him back a few months ago, and introduced the equally-dumb girl love interest.
They are doing what Progressive and Geico do: they have several different “campaigns” which they rotate through, using different characters and ideas; in Liberty Mutual’s case, they are, broadly, the “Limu Emu and Doug” ads, the “Liberty Park” ads (of which the dumb guy is one in a long series), and now, one with the weird fuzzy yellow “Liberty Bibberty” monster. I will bet you that “dumb guy and dumb girl” will reappear.
Speaking of insurance company monsters, has anyone mentioned the Progressive Post-it Monster?
I was going to mention it. I wrote myself a note on a Post-it, but…
I very rarely watch commercials, but blatant ageism would put me right off any company. Thought “progressive” equaled “not blatantly bigoted”.