Again with the annoying commercials!

I misquoted. The ad said 500 billion.

Besides getting food poisoning there, I was inordinately enraged by the all-you-can-eat-fries commercial some years ago. Closeups of fries junkies stuffing their potato holes as if with some rare, exquisite treat after years of near-starvation. What a treat! Nirvana!

Some vocal fry to go along with your french fries…

Years ago when our kids were young we went there a few times. I once got the best mushroom-swiss burger of my life there. I don’t know if the quality was really all that good, or if I was hungry and it just hit the spot right. Subsequent visits were not as good, and I’ve heard the quality has fallen off in recent years.

Debates about Red Robin’s quality aside, the ad actually has the desired effect on me. Those sounds do indeed put me in the mind of juicy burgers, fresh fries, and refreshing soda, and I kind of enjoy hearing them.

I suspect I’m not alone, thus they knowingly risked alienating the few to appeal to the many.

ASMR seems to be very polarizing; it has the desired effect on some people, but others find it extremely annoying.

I am in the “extremely annoying” camp.

Same here. I thought the ASMR fad died out about two years ago.

Makes me wonder if it’s ASMR itself that is polarizing or the noise(s) involved. I know there are some I like, some that I don’t mind, and others which I actively avoid.

I find it extremely annoying, and am irritated that it seems to be coming back.

One channel is running endless ads for a Carrie re-do. And it seems to indicate that the kids had it coming- burned alive. Because a handful of them were very cruel to a girl with magical powers.

I’m very excited for this one but I haven’t seen a single ad. Do you have any interest in the original? If so, I think you might want to give this one a try. Its showrunner is Mike Flanagan, who makes outstanding movies and miniseries. Imo, of course.

Not even in the slightest. I despise modern horror.

Technically not a “commercial”, but I think it fits. It’s an ad.

Top fuel driver Leah Pruett has a new sponsor for this week’s race, Pellera, and during her interview, he described how the new sponsor’s product helps the car go down the track.* She described how Pellera manages data and something something. She didn’t actually say “leverages synergies” but the effect was the same.

So I looked at their website, and I still don’t know what they do! “Pellera solutions combines deep expertise with an AI-forward approach and our AIM methodology to help you overcome complex challenges, streamline operations, and drive measurable momentum for your business.” Does anyone know what that means?

And " Pellera Technologies is the premier IT solutions partner for enterprise clients. Combining the expertise of Converge Technology Solutions and Mainline Information Systems, we harness the power of digital infrastructure, hybrid cloud, cybersecurity, and artificial intelligence solutions."

Corporate gobbledygook.

*this is how: by providing an influx of cash