Again with the annoying commercials!

And Amazon’s “Prime Day” has covered more than a single day since 2023; it’s now up to four days but they have yet to pluralize.

It’s Prime Day season!

The “funny fictional character spokesperson” species (Mr. Whipple for Charmin, Madge the beautician for Palmolive, Rosie the waitress for Bounty) has migrated from household products to property and casualty insurance. :wink:

True, but their ads are not anywhere near as annoying as the Dept store, and repeating i “ONE DAY SALE” three times, while mentioning Three days is so very stupid. Prime day at least has tradition going for it, but yeah they should change it.

Swiffer Power mop.

The ad has sock footed people. The socks have mouths and talk.

Unbelievably creepy :socks: :scream:

Sock puppets! :smiley:

Lol! :rofl:

Well, sure.
There’s a ONE DAY SALE on Friday, a ONE DAY SALE on Saturday, and a ONE DAY SALE on Sunday.
Makes perfect sense.

According to Thriftbooks “A decade ago Americans read nearly 500 million pages…” followed by “We lost something in those pages.”

I’m a pretty prolific reader, certainly well above the average and I’m quite confident that I have never come close to reading 167,000 pages in a year. And just what is lost by people reading things on a screen rather than on paper?

Well, I’m off to The Book Deal to look through old used books… to see if someone lost something in the pages.

An old land deed used as a bookmark? A silver certificate included as a present from Grandma? Can’t wait!

How did you arrive at your 167,000 figure?

What, they are shipped from the third world, take 4 months to get here and are half the size you expected?

But not as bad as the Liberty Bibberty Monstrosity.

Incompletely-specified units. That many pages per year? Per day? Per lifetime?

But your calculation is off. There are around 300 million Americans, so 500 million pages is less than two pages per American.

Red Robin has an add that moves the needle on misophonometer to eleven. It’s a woman dramatically loud whispering about bottomless fries and whatever, accompanied by the sound of sizzling meat and fizzing soda. Grrrrrrrrr. I’m not sure if it’s new or if I’m confusing it with some other ad with hellish audio, but goddamn does it make me angry.

if this it?
Many complaints, and personally, i do not like their fries.

Yes, I’m sure that’s it, though I am not going to play it. I’ve always heard fairly good things about RR but haven’t been there, nor will I, after suffering their auditory assault.

I used to enjoy Red Robin, but after several instances of seriously sub-par service at several different locations, I’m not planning to go back.

Great place if you like Mayo.

500 billion divided by 300 million.