Again with the commercials we hate

:frowning: I loved that commercial. It made me laugh every time I saw it. I guess I’m the only loser who still thinks " a show (or in this case a commercial) about nothing!" is funny.

Right there with you. I freaking HATE that one.

The high fructose corn syrup defense commercials. Yeah, portraying your detractors as mindless parrots really makes you look trustworthy.

How about the ones where the guy blows the business deals because his cell phone doesn’t have an international dialing plan? They seem to say more about the people who sent the poor schlub on the trip than the guy himself:

1.) They send the guy who doesn’t speak Chinese to close the Hong Kong deal and don’t think until five minutes before the meeting to warn him that mispronouncing the client’s name will translate into something offensive.

2.) “Don’t talk about the merger.” You’d think they’d’ve ironed this out before he left the country. Maybe around the time they said “Johnson, you’re going to…”

Mine is the “Peticure” the dremel tool-like thing that trims your dog’s nails. I have never owned a dog. I think people who spend thousands of dollars at the vet for a dog on its last legs is a waste of money (no hate mail please–just my opinion and you’re not going ot change it), but when I see that animation of the regular clippers biting into the quick of the dog’s claw, I feel like rolling into a ball and rocking back and forth. :eek: It REALLY oogs me out. I MUST change the channel as soon as I see it.

Yes. I hate that one too, especially when she calls the taxi over, and suddenly says something like, “No thanks! I’d rather walk.”

My first thought at that: Wow, what a bitch.

The new Nasonex commercials. Nasonex used to have their commercials with the CGI bee with the lousy Spanish accent and real people in the background. Which is fine…an anthropomorphic bee isn’t really creepy.

But the new ones have CGI people in the background! And those CGI people live in the Uncanny Valley! It’s CREEPY!

Also from AT&T pimping their global coverage: oh noes, he didn’t get the phone call warning him and his family about the nude beaches. “Oh, yeah, Bob’s in Italy. Better give him a call real quick and make sure he knows about those beaches.” Really, under what circumstances would you receive such a call?

Also, their guy in Brussels: his friends couldn’t reach him, so he’s sitting in the hostel with some weirdos. Dude, he’s in Brussels. Why is he just gonna sit in the hostel?
If I were going to be counting on my cell phone for communication on another continent, I’d make damn sure my phone would work there, not just wait and see. I sure as shit wouldn’t sit around doing jack shit in Brussels. I can do that here, trust me. “Let’s see. I’m vacationing in Europe, and my friends obviously can’t call me. Oh well. Guess I’ll just hang out in this room.” What a loser.

I also hate the Domino’s commercial where the driver is delivering the sandwich to a sub shop employee, who tries to play it off. The driver waits outside the door of the sub shop for the employee to come answer the door. Um, it’s a public business. Just open the door and walk in. If “Steve” gives you any guff, take the sandwich back, declare it undeliverable, and eat that shit.

I also hate any “fake restaurant” commercials. Hardees, Pizza Hut, I’m looking in your direction.

A lousy Spanish accent … by Antonio Banderas!

Yeah, that Antonio Banderas has a really lousy Spanish accent! :wink:

(He’s the voice of the Nasonex bee.)

Damn you! shakes fist

This is a hijack, since I don’t have any commercial to add at the moment. I either like most of these commercials or have no real opinion about them.

I like that one, Of course, I’ve been known to eat at Taco Bell, so I don’t have an issue with their commercials or their food-like products.

I have no real opinion of the commercial, but I like the Pizzones. They’re huge and filling, if a little pricey.

In response to those commercials, American Express has an ad out where they show an American’s business deal with some Germans suddenly getting the kibosh when he pulls out a Capital One-type card with a picture of a generic superhero on it.

The stupid singing Fruit of the Loom guys. Hate. Hate. Hate.

That stupid Juicy Juice commercial where the kid is telling the vegetables he hates with his stupid little lisp. “cawwots” “aspawagus” It isn’t cute, stop. You can see it here if you click on “Harvest Surprise”

Seriously?! So why’s he using a lousy fake Spanish accent instead of his real one?

:smiley:

I’m sorry, but that accent sounds cheesy.

That fucking HughesNet Satellite commercial they run ever other commercial break on cable with the arrogant bitch who thinks she’s all swanky with her fucking smirk and says words like “How cool is that?!” It’s not cool, it’s stupid, and so are you. Stop wandering around your sterile mint background clicking mice that looks like it was made by Fisher-Price while talking to yourself ala video feedback with crappy floating logos that make annoying jangling noises, and looking through my soul with your vapid stare. “Has anyone ever told you you can’t get high speed-internet where you live, well Don’t Believe It!™” The ™ is almost palpable in her body language. And don’t tell me when I’m done with waiting, I’ll wait however long I want*, you fucking condescending c–t.

Holy shit, was that cathartic.

besides I’ve had cable broadband for like a million years now, like everyone else who doesn’t own livestock. Broadband hasn’t been a huge deal since Prince was still called Prince.*

**Hyperbole noted.

Oh my fucking god, yes. That commercial drives me insane. I keep hoping the policemen she stops in front of (to show off her armpits) open fire on her.

The new FreeCreditReport.com commercials are really bad. At least the old ones had sort of catchy jingles; the new ones have these god-awful songs and they’ve introduced some kind of weird continuity among them.

In the commercial where the guy buys the bike, he makes reference to the older commercial where he bought a crappy car, and that he had to sell the car to get the bike.

Well, if that’s the case, then his problem sure as hell isn’t that he didn’t know his credit score, since he would have found that out after he tried to buy the nice car and settled for the crappy one. And if he couldn’t afford to maintain the car, then his actual problem is that he doesn’t have any fucking money, so what is he trying to buy all this stuff for?

And does that mean that the guy was supposed to be the same character in all of the commercials? The guy who had to get a job at a fast food joint because his identity was stolen and who regrets his marriage because his wife has bad credit? Because, again, that guy’s big problems aren’t credit related at this point.

But corn syrup detractors are mindless parrots. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I hate the newest Mac vs PC ads where the PC disguises itself as “free pizza” to lure college students. He says college students love Macs, because of all these qualities, one of which is the fact that they run Microsoft Office.

So…one of the selling points of Macs is that they run a signature software suite from their competitor…the PC?!

I hate ATT cause they make commericals specifically targeting black audience. I watch a sitcom featuring African Americans like “Sanford and Son,” and on comes the ATT ad with the rap music and the guy spouting the ebonics.

To me that is offensive, but I guess it sells otherwise it wouldn’t be on

“Who’s my cuddle bear?” insane giggle “Who’s my cuddle bear?”

eye twitches
brain bleeds
IQ points drop

Would any man really put up with that? Okay, maybe if she’s really good in the sack or gives the best BJ’s in the world but I still think they’d turn their phone off to avoid having to listen to that.