Ahh, January and February in Vermont . . .

And it’s 40 degrees and raining? :frowning:

I’m in northern Vermont and the forecast for the next week (1/28 - 2/3) is 36, 36, 34, 41, 44, 35, 39. With rain at least three of those days.

This time of year we usually have trouble reaching zero. This time last year it was -25.

I know El Niño was supposed to bring us a warm wet winter, but this is nuts.

I would be thrilled to be living on Vermont no matter what the weather. But yeah, it would be a bummer not to be hip deep in snow this time of year.

Come on up in mud season and let’s hear how you feel then.

Mud season just weeds out the sissies, that’s all. Signed, A Displaced New Englander

Grew up in Montreal. Vermont was my back yard year round. :slight_smile:

Ah, well, carry on then.

C’mon - typical lows in an average winter might bottom out near zero in January for the northern part of the state, but “trouble reaching zero”? :dubious:

Didn’t Danny Kaye,Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen feel likewise? :smiley:

In Montreal, the normal high for today is -6C (about 21F) and low is -15 (5). But the temperatures you quoted are several degrees above the predictions for here.

On the other hand, I haven’t had to shovel snow once this year; I’m enjoying that, though I don’t expect to make it through Feb without lifting my share of frozen water.

Last year we had a string of days right around this time where the highs were 1, 0, 7 and 9. Pardon my hyperbole.