Ahsoka (trailer in OP, spoilers as series airs)

I’m stoked.

It looks really good, and I’m excited to see the return of the Rebels heroes.

Sabine! (though it took me longer to recognize her with longer hair) Hera! Chopper! probably Ezra! and of course Thrawn!!!

August is a ways away (and it could be LATE August…)
Brian

A continuation of an animated series in live-action is unprecedented, and it’s exciting just to see how it will translate as not a remake but a direct sequel. Casting already seems on point (we’ve already seen Zeb pop up in The Mandalorian which was clearly to whet our whistle for Ahsoka).

They revealed at Star Wars Celebration who is playing Grand Admiral Thrawn, and it’s Lars Mikkelsen, who voiced him in the series, so he’s now the second to do that trick after Katee Sackhoff.

Yikes, I need to finish the last session of Rebels. This preview spoils who lives. I’ll be ok.

I really liked Thrawn in the cartoon, what little I’ve seen of him thus far.

Yes, you should. I was actually pretty happy with how Ahsoka’s storyline had ended and I really don’t need to know what happened next after her cartoon appearances.

I don’t know if I’m excited for this show or not. Oh, I’ll watch, but I don’t know what to think about every character having their own storyline and show.

Slightly off-topic here, but… how has season 3 of the Mandalorian been? I haven’t started watching it yet, and reddit seems to hate it. But then, reddit is frequently a cesspool. I really liked the first two seasons, but stopped The Book of Boba Fett after one episode.

Ugh, kind of bad. Disappointed.

It’s been a bit of a jumble, and feels like it lost focus away from what it was before. But it hasn’t concluded yet, and I think there were always reasons we had the stories that seemed to go nowhere, which will become clear. That’s my hope, anyway.

But we have to just accept that the show has always had an episodic side-quest theme at its base, it’s not really an arc show, even though there is one that drives some of the plot forward. It’s more like the old adventure shows of the 80s, which modern audiences are not familiar enough with to be on board for, I think.

I will also add as, like me, you didn’t watch Boba Fett, you may be a little confused at the beginning of S3. It had me scrabbling around the internet to discover the reappearance of a certain character is dealt with in some Book of Boba Fett episodes.

OB

Yes, if you’re going to watch Season 3 of the Mandalorian, you have to at least watch those episodes of Boba Fett in which he appears. They’re the best ones of that series, at least.

New Trailer here:

August 23

Nice.

That looks really cool!

That looks amazing. I’m as excited about this as I’ve been for any Star Wars project, maybe ever.

Not impressed with the makeup job for Hera, though. Looks a little cheap.

I hope it is good. I can never tell from trailers, but I’m definitely interested.

Hera actually suffered from the Twi’lek version of the Michael Jackson thing and wore makeup. It’s a sensitive issue.

My teen and I screamed and cried the entire trailer. We’re going to be absolute fucking messes when it airs due to our love of the Ghost crew. I might have permanent hearing damage after the SCREECH that was emitted at the mere sight of Chopper. I think the thing that will get me, should it happen, is Rex. I hated Andor and was disappointed in Obi Wan, so I’m really hoping that they hit the mark for me with this one.

Given this:

and this:

I have to ask if you saw the most recent season of The Mandalorian?

Zeb makes a brief cameo appearance in the episode “The Pirate.”

I gave up on both, tho it was boredom/lack of interest not hatred. Boba Fett was a major disappointment and The Mandalorian 3 was really weak. If Ahsoka doesn’t grab me, I may just be done with Star Wars series for awhile.