Alanis Morissette and I would make a good couple

Some people have these vaguely person-shaped “boxes” for the people in their lives. Then whenever they meet anybody they try to hammer them into one of the boxes. This is bad enough with friendships, but throw love and sex into the mix and you’re just asking for trouble.

My last girlfriend, for instance, had this husband/boyfriend box that had recently become empty when she met me, at which point she said “You’ll do” and started trying to stuff me in. I’ve been sort of avoiding women since we mercifully broke up, but thanks to one special lady, I’ve discovered that not all women are just out to fill their boxes. Check it out:

See, that’s what I’m talking about. That’s exactly how I feel! People should love one another for who they are, not for some idealized Hollywood concept of what a relationship should consist of. A woman like Alanis would understand that. She wouldn’t try to stuff me into her box. She would understand that relationships are about growing together, not idol worship and dependence. Alanis herself probably wouldn’t date me, though, because I’m not a big celebrity like her, but more people should take her words to heart. We’re not here on Earth to imprison each other in boxes, people. We’re here to love one another. It’s about love, and joy, and music, and freedom! Freedom from hate, freedom from fear, freedom from whatever the opposite of freedom is. Unfreedom. Bondage, maybe, although not in a kinky way, because that can be fun. Women of the world, don’t be tyranized by your boxes! Open them up and let the light of the world shine in! And remember the words of Alanis Morissette, who said

And didn’t she also have that song about fucking in a movie theatre? I like that part, too.

Just a little levity, is all.

I like Alanis Morissette. I always have. If that puts me into a box, then so be it. People hear the lyrics to “You oughta know” and think she’s all about the angst. She’s got some happy stuff too, and it’s pleasing to the ear.

Maeglin wants to do nasty things in movie theatres. I’ll go along and throw the popcorn.

An older version of me,
Is she perverted like me?
Would she go down on you in a theater?

Yeah, I always found that part…intriguing.:wink:

You can’t have Alanis Morissette! I want her!

Heheh, really though, I love her music, and identify with a lot of it.
“You Ougta Know” is about my ex, and “Head Over Feet” is about my current. Definitely a couple songs that would go on the Harli Life Soundtrack.

…I thought you meant you’d make a good couple because you were annoying too…