All-Time Favorite Simpsons Episode

If you had to pick one, what would it be? I think I would have to pick the one where Bart gets an elephant (Stampy). I love that one, because as a kid I wanted a pet elephant. Also because the “Doh! A deer! A female deer!” had me laughing so hard I nearly wet myself.

It’s very very very hard to pick just one, but if I had to, it would probably be Cape Feare.
Other absolutely brilliant episodes include, but are not limited to:
Whacking Day
Marge vs. the Monorail
Last Exit to Springield
Treehouse of Horror IV
Lisa’s Substitute

The City of New York vs Homer Simpson - funny from beginning to end.

I have a hard time picking just one, but “The Computer Wore Menace Shoes” is definitely a top 10.

My favorite simpsons episode is the one where we watch Bart shake up Homers last beer in the ultimate April Fools Day prank. The result of which leaves my short of breath from laughing so hard everytime I see it.

“Me lose brain? Uh-oh!”

The one where Homer eats the insanity pepper at the chili festival, and goes on the trip for his soulmate.

“In your face, Space Coyote!”

“I’m just a memory, Homer. I can’t help you anymore.”

You’d be surprised (well, maybe not) at how often I have the chance to use that in everyday conversation.

The person I’m talking to generally unknowingly gives Marge’s response: “Space coyote?”

I just LOVE that line where she’s looking at the spice rack. “Twelve spices? Some must be repeats…Orugahno? What the hell?”

Tie between the one where Homer becomes head of the union and the episode Deep Space Homer.

Where Marge stars in the musical version of “Streetcar Named Desire” and they put Maggie in the Ayn Rand day care center.

Close second, where Sideshow Cecil tries to blow up the dam.

“Guess who!”
“Maris?”

You Only Move Twice – a.k.a. The Hank Scorpio Episode.

“Health benefits for you and your life partner.”

“We have roots in this town . . . Bart’s lawyer is here.”

“Uhhh, let’s watch something else.”
“Homer, you’re trying to talk us into moving to this town.”
Oh, right, let’s watch this."

The bum turns into a mailbox.

“So long, Stinktown!”

“Ever see a guy say goodbye to a shoe before?”
“[chuckles] Yes, once.”

“In fact, I didn’t even give you my coat!”

The Canadian kid is named “Gordy.”

The fate of the Northern Reticulated Chipmunk.

The Hammock District.

The remedial class plays musical chairs.

Homer tackles James Bond.

“Don’t get me started about the government.”

“You just don’t understand football.”

This is a very difficult choice, but if forced, I would choose 22 Short Films about Springfield. It is truly a work of art.

El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Homer and You Only Move Twice are definitely in my top 5.

My Spanish was too rusty, and my curiousity too unaroused, for me to look up the actual name.

Thank you.

Cape Feare, Homer vs. The Eighteenth Amendment, and Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish.

Homer vs. the 18th Amendment

Homer Bad Man, where he gets accused of sexually harassing the babysitter. The media satire is dead on, but that’s not the best part.

Homer at the candy convention. Solid comedy gold right there.

Brother from the Same Planet with David Hyde Pierce as Cecil Terwilliger.

“I use to have a problem with trying to…murder people.”

“Why I had no idea. You see, I’ve spent the last 10 years on Mars in a cave with my eyes closed and my fingers in my eyes.”

I’ve used that last line a lot, though I reverse it (I’ve spent the last decade with my eyes closed and my fingers in my ears…in a cave…on Mars.)

Mountain of Madness (“Cheating is the gift man gave himself”) followed closely by Homer’s Barbershop Quartet (“It would great insult to my family and god…but OK!.”

Rounding out the top five are You Only Move Twice, (SEE ABOVE) Homer Badman, “I’ll be cold in my grave before I recognize Missoura!” and Itchy and Scratchy Land “Nobody ruins our vacations but me…and maybe THE BOY!”