Am I gullible or is this for real??

Their take on Harry Potter is particularly amusing:

Tom Lehrer: “I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!”

People can express just about any opinions they like, no matter how much someone hates it. And others can comment on those opinions. It’s called free speech. Get used to it.

This site nixes the movie because it shows “good” and “bad” sorcery, and they consider all sorcery bad. http://www.capalert.com/capreports/lordofrings_fellowship.htm

Those references are unquestionably there. Tolkien is on record saying that his Roman Catholic faith necessarily influenced his writing.

rowrrbazzle, I did not say that they were not entitled to express their opinions as well. I simply said that
In My Humble Opinion, their behavior, such as producing websites like that one, is unacceptable. That is, of course, by MY moral and ethical standards, which are not necessarily those of anyone else. I did state that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. I just don’t like or approve of that particular set of beliefs. And, according to free speech, I am permitted to voice that feeling. That doesn’t mean that I deny their right to hold them. Perhaps hate was too strong a word. I should have said intensely dislike. And I suppose it was a bit hypocritical of me to say they shouldn’t disparage other peoples’ beliefs, since I was doing just that to them. It’s just that that kind of close-mindedness truly irks me. I shall endeavor to do better, though. :wink:

acutally, it’s young men’s CLUB of America

probably because the author was a christian
just curious…why is it that everybody’s allowed to bag christianity and say how false it is, but christians aren’t allowed to disagree with any other religions or have thier own views without being attacked?

I particularly like the line about how yoga is clearly a recent thing as ‘it is not mentioned ANYWHERE in the bible and the bible is the most accurate historical book ever’ or words to that effect.

:o

Really? I always thought it stood for Young Men’s Christian Association. Like YMHA is the Young Men’s Hebrew Association.

well, i’ve always heard it as club, did a search online and it came up club too :slight_smile:

Actually, it’s not. Actually, it’s Young Men’s Christian Association. Please see the official YMCA site for details.

And, actually, it might be valuable to be sure of your facts before actually confidently posting them on a message board dedicating to fighting ignorance.

Don’t you think? Actually?

• Rick

ooo i was a little conerned about the slight hijack but this is gettin interesting :slight_smile:

Let’s not forget one of the points they use to prove Pokemon is Satanic:

Whahuhell?

I don’t know…maybe only God is allowed to throw thunder and lightning about? Hence implying that Pikachu is in fact a godlike being and children are unwittingly worshipping it?

CRAZY PEOPLE

I am scared just knowing they walk the earth along with the rest of us…

That’d be me.

– michelle potter

From Sam Spade…
whois -h magic www.evilexposed.com

evilexposed.com is registered with ENOM, INC. - redirecting to whois.enom.com
whois -h whois.enom.com evilexposed.com

Registration Service Provided By: Assurance Hosting
Visit: http://www.assurancehosting.com/domains/

Domain name: evilexposed.com

Name servers:
ns.webhostingservers.net
ns2.webhostingservers.net

Creation date: 07/20/02 00:00:00
Expiration date: 07/20/04 00:00:00

Registrant Contact:
Warrior Ministries
His Servant (info@evilexposed.com)
123 Main St
Eden, VA 12345
US
Administrative Contact:
Warrior Ministries
123 Main St
Eden, VA 12345
US
Billing Contact:
Warrior Ministries
123 Main St
Eden, VA 12345
US
Technical Contact:
Warrior Ministries
His Servant (webmaster@evilexposed.com)
FAX: none
123 Main St
Eden, VA 12345
US

Note: To help prevent fraudulent or erroneous
transfers, we encourage registrants to place their domains on “lock”
status with their current registrar.

green_dragon, you think YOU’RE scared…at least there is an ocean between these people and you!

I assume Captain Planet is satanic as well
5 kids all have special rings: earth, wind, water fire and heart(very close to spirit if you ask me therefor SATANIC)
captain planet must hence be the devil himself! in blue underpants never the less

“Devil In Blue Underpants!” What an excellent album name!:smiley:

As opposed to being a fairly common English surname?..

Ooh, circles and triangles are bad. The children of the site’s authors must have a tough time learning shapes and geometry if they run screaming every time the teacher brings out the plastic shapes…

“…with a transcendental meditation”?

Not in my version of the book, it doesn’t. In fact, there’s no mention of Halloween in the exchange between Harry and Voldemort. Or of “killing” or “murdering people”, either. Also, in my copy of Chamber of Secrets, the whole exchange takes place in Chapter 17. Of course, I have the British versions of the books, but even so, I don’t think there would be a four-chapter difference between two versions.

Captain Planet is scary, though. :slight_smile: Even if he does cut pollution down to zero.

Oh, I just found this:

(emphasis mine)

HAHAHA! Oh, god… Steven Segal embodies the way of harmony? AHHAHAHAA! [sub]help me, my diaphragm is about to burst…[/sub]

Also, on the same Martial Arts site, they discuss TaeBo. Now, TaeBo does not, to me, really equate with “ancient mystical Eastern practices”… Wasn’t it developed as an excercise program? Or am I getting my -Bos mixed up?

Oh, man, this just keeps getting better… can this really be serious?

auRa, I have the U.S. versions of all the “Harry” books, and none of that takes place in mine either. :confused:

People will say/write some very odd things when they want to be right.:smiley:

I think that maybe we could be adding a LOT of hits to this site :slight_smile:

As an interesting aside, I got to this site via a link from www.whitehouse.org (parody of the official whitehouse site)…it was linked from a (non-serious) article on how yoga is evil as a ‘further reading’ thing…so a pisstake of Christian beliefs links to this SERIOUS site as a further reference!

You can see now how I thought this might be some kind of humourous take on things…

Anyone got any more gems from the site?