Amsterdope..... who's bringing the 'amsters?

Shayna Darling, if you think this is bad…just wait until we are all drunk!!

I’ll be there at 10.55 on the Friday (BA430) & leave on Monday at 11.50 (BA431). Originally said I’d share with Shayna if that’s still ok - we all just need to pick a hotel & stick with it.

Yep, me, the kiddies, and the b-friend will be showing up on Coldie’s doorstep Saturday before dawn. He said we could all crowd in his bed with him. The rest of you will have to fend for yourselves. Coldie did express disappointment that I am no longer seeing the 7’7" retired pro-wrester/Andy (Pee Wee’s big Adventure), but I promised to fix them up when they have more time to be alone.

Hey Shitna? Don’t worry about these guys, all of us Doper women will take care of them.

I’ll be arriving in Frankfurt on March 14 and leaving April 12. We’ll be traveling around during that time and staying in England with friends the last week. If anyone wants to meet up somewhere during that time, I’m game.

I am not yet sure when I will be getting to Amsterdam. I am thinking sometime Saturday. It will all depend on how we get there, car, bus, train, camel.

WeirdDave - There are round trip tickets available on the internet right now for $338.00, which is a lot cheaper than my recent flight to Alaska.

OMG Shayna, I guess I won’t be wearing my green shoes now.

I’m up for a few beers this weekend, Coldie. I’m around Saturday afternoon and Sunday all day, but not Saturady night.

Looks like things are getting into the final details! Goodie!

Diane, I’ll e-mail you my mobile phone number in due time. That way, you can get a hold of us when we’re already downtown on that Saturday.

Gee, I always heard "Does the carpet match the drapes?"

bump…

Another bump.

Any firm reservations at a particular hotel? I mean, for the rest of ya. As I said, me and the whole fam-damily are moving in with Coldie. :smiley:
(Pssst - Don’t worry Coldie, I’m only kidding.)

It looks like I can fly in saturday morning and out again sunday night for about £100, which is pretty damn good. I’ll come armed with my sleeping bag if I do make it…I rate me at 50/50…but I do need a bit of cheering up right now…let’s see what happens!!!

That would be cool, Andy! Sure, if you pack your gear, there’s always enough floorspace. It’s just that the line for the shower is gonna be somewhat longer! :smiley:

Becoming slightly concerned that you girls aren’t getting into the swing of things. The idea of not fully accessorising on St Paddy’s weekend is troubling for us EuroTrash.

Grasping the nettle, seizing the day, not starting to PANIC !!!………….

I’m starting to getting worried about the accommodation. Checked a few other places last night, in the hope of finding something inspirational, and they’re fully booked for that weekend – no idea about those on our short list. Think we need to sort this out as a matter of some urgency.

How about voting and setting a deadline for those who do want to have some input into the decision ?

Votes in by midnight CT US (the Board time) ?

Frankly, I don’t mind at all where we stay but here goes…….(on the basis that better hotel amenities would be nice if I thought I’d remember using them, or had the time)

London_Calling

3 votes = N-W
2 votes = H-N
1 vote = H-M

Deadline midnight Sunday, counting to be done by the State of Florida – whatdasay ???

London_Calling, I have no idea what your voting system means. Do I understand correctly that your first preference is the Nicolass Witsen and last is the Mercure?

I haven’t phoned, but I did go to http://www.bookings.nl/cgi-bin/searchpage.pl?lang=uk&id=200035 and plugged in our dates of travel and the Nicolass Witsen didn’t come up on the list of available hotels anymore, from which I inferred that there are no rooms available there on those dates anymore. The Hotel Nadia also didn’t show up.

Although I also won’t have any objection to anyplace we choose, I am at this point leaning towards staying at the Mercure, simply because it’s within walking distance of our host, making it the most convenient of the ones on our short list.

Anything is good for me as long as it isn’t real expensive (a month wandering around Europe with 2 teenagers and a 10 year old is already threatening to put me in the poor house). All we need is a couple of beds, a bathroom, and no bugs.

Oh, and LC? Watch out what you wish for. :wink:

Dammit, Shayna !! – I’ve been building up my resistance to possible early ‘fatigue’ in Amsterdam by practicing with recreational options :slight_smile: Seems my concentration wavered………fancy that! Apologies. You did manage to correctly discern what I meant to say i.e. I voted for N-W first and Mercure last (most points win). However, if N-W isn’t available any longer……… . AAGGHHH ! I don’t care !! Help me……….

If we don’t organise this soon, we’ll all be pillow fighting in Coldie’s bath tub.

Diane :eek: - Wouldn’t it be a little like a putting green – and almost enough to put a boy off his stroke. However, I’m sure He-Man can handle most suggestions that come his way :wink:

And let me tell you, under my present condition this post has been a major achievement. I think. Phew…

p.s. Diane - tapping ‘Apartment’ with ‘Amsterdam’ into Google brought up some interesting reasonably priced family options if you were so inclined.

Stop that right now, LC! You’re turning me on before I even get there. :wink:

I guess sometimes it pays to procrastinate. Seems the Mercure has lowered its special rates for March even further, making it…

Single NLG 150 / Double or Twin NLG 175 - excluding American breakfast NLG 33.50 per person and citytax 5% per room per night.

Valid: from 01 March 2001 until 19 March 2001

This special rate is only bookable through the internet, not directly with the hotel.

Other days as mentioned above: Single NLG 425 / Double or Twin NLG 465.

I have made an online reservation for one double room for myself and fierra. If collectively we all decide on another hotel, we are free to cancel up to 48 hours before our arrival. I just booked it to at least be on the safe side.

I’ve followed Shayna’s lead and booked into the Mercure. The price can’t be beat for that type of hotel.

I don’t want to make it sound like I’m already packing or anything, but are we planning on going anywhere that will require dressing nicer than my ususal jeans and rugby shirt?

Well, bring something niceto wear, but it dosent have to be ballroom standard, (unless you wish to trip the light fantastic of course!!)

Coldy, seeing as your the native, could a dress standard be advised?

We’re gonna stop a weekend of complete & utter wall-to-wall disgraceful debauchery to shower ? For shame!

(I’ll bring a mattress & sleeping bag as well, no worries.)

This might turn into a party…

S. Norman

The dress code is Traditional Dutch, of course. :smiley:

Anything casual is fine, it doesn’t look like we’re going to eat at the Hilton anyway. As long as you’re not wearing a Feyenoord or Deutsche Nationalmannschaft jersey in Amsterdam, you ought to be OK.

Spiny, will you be coming on your bike? Are you sure you want to carry all that stuff along then?

Oh, the Mercure is lovely. Now that Kferr has also checked in, I won’t have to walk the ladies to their hotel every night. :smiley:
(I still will, of course, being the gentleman that I am!)

Good crowd! I’m really looking forward to it.