And now, a picture of a young boy with an enormous centipede on his head.

A dancing millipede? Now THERE’s an act! Sign here and he’ll be a star! Or is it a she? How can we tell? Nevermind, we’ll leave that to marketing. The bug stays in the picture!

Sure…except it takes him four hours to put on his tap shoes…

Nobody puts Buggy in a corner!

The walking stick insect is actually kinda cute, and pinkfreud’s not hard on the eyes either.

As for the other, I nearly swallowed my gum when the involuntary shudder took hold. Still, too bad they cropped the picture at the bottom.

Yeah, but he/she would be the whole chorus line.

“Hello my baby. Hello my honey. Hello my ragtime gal…ribit”

Not sure, but if the bug says it calls its’ act “The Aristocrats,” I’m leavin’.

Darn you! Beat me to the line! :smiley:

Ah, ok, the link isn’t too bad. It looks more like a stick than an insect. A stick with legs.

Yup. The walkingstick is one of the most aptly named of all insects.

It really isn’t a scary critter at all, unless one of 'em startles you in the woods when you are looking right at it and suddenly realize that the stick is looking back at you.

And now, a boy with a huge centipede on his head with a tape recorder up its nose…

How completely different!

A millipede is OK. I was pretty creeped out when I thought it was a centipede.

But of course I opened it anyway.

This is your brain on bugs.

Any questions?

That bug is a Giant African Millipede

I am afraid of all buggy things, and I held one of these at the local zoo. They are amazing to hold!!

So a boy with an enormous millipede on his head walks into a bar and the bartender says: “How’d that happen?” And the millipede says: “Well, it all started with a bump on my butt…”

And… How many buttocks does a millipede have anyway?

Hah! My daughter has handled giant millipedes bigger than that. And tarantulas, and scorpions. Don’t have any pictures of 'em, though.

Son… you’ve got a Archispirostreptus giga on your head

Kid with an enormous millipede on his head walks into a bar…

GAH! Is that from the Science Center? When we visited and looked at all the bug displays, I had permanent heebie-jeebies.

So the picture wigs me out, but your understated thread title and link cracked my shit up.

:smack:
Problem solved.