And the SDMB Kiss-Ass-of-the-Year Award goes to....

And by the title I thought it was because he’s an asskisser. Why don’t you tell us what your problem really is?

Maybe I haven’t read enough BuddhaDog? I find this thread hilarious. Then again that may be because I seem to have taken it in a totally different context. Again, this may be due to my lack of familiarity with the author. I’ll have to read a bit more of his stuff.

I saw this thread as: “Who’ll step up and kiss slip’s ass the most (by defending him)?”

At least it makes more sense and is a heck of a lot funnier this way.

:slight_smile:

I know I do. I’ve started exactly one thread, when I was looking for some information ( didn’t find what I was looking for, either :wink: ). Guess it’s time for me to feel inadequate.

• Tamerlane

This bugs me too. I’ll be reading along and WHOOSH!! there goes a flare! WHOOSH! Another one – dang, that one almost took my ear off!

I like to use the occasional flare myself – y’know, to illuminate a landing strip, or signal for help from sea, or even to highlight a particularly brilliant post, but if SLIP keeps using so many, somebody’s gonna lose an eye.

Ugly coding my ass! But youve accomplished what you do best, way to boost that post count !

I would respond but I think your handle says it all.

AD/USAF? Swoosh?

AD/USAF? Swoosh?

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Nacho4Sara *

You are so right! I dont give a flying fuck! One of the advantageous of being on the web, right? ANONYMITY. Besides, who would really want to be friends with a group of people who for the most part are pompous and turgid. I believe Groucho Marx has a quote there for ya, somewhere.

Oops, excuse me while I step aside. I see you are doing it again…

Gee, UB do I really need to spell it o-u-t for you, too?

{{{Tamerlane}}} Hey man(?), that’s okay. Here’s an extra bracket for you in case you lost one on your last quote ]<-- Maybe next time if you need a question answered you can use a Encylopedia or Google. It’s pretty much the same stuff anyway, but without all the antidotal b.s.

I would never be part of any message board that would have me as a member.

As it happens, many of my friends prefer me turgid.

Thank you, I’ll be here all week!

huh ?!?!?

oh, and Munch, I am seeking therapy for my ass-kissing problem (thank god for BuddhaDog pointing out my defects :rolleyes: ) so there’s no need to break out into a rash of spaces between sentences. :stuck_out_tongue: Hold back, I know you have the willpower :slight_smile:

“Hi. What’s the capital of Nepal?”

“The capital of Nepal is Kathmandu. I had a friend who went hiking in Nepal, and he was bitten by the rare Horned Nepalese Spitting Viper, and they had to fly the antidote in by helicopter. He almost died!”

I also have to say that suggesting that someone use an Internet search engine as a good way to just get the facts and avoid B.S. and anecdotal evidence is about like saying someone who is terrified of heights should go hiking in Nepal for a nice restful vacation.

You know, I sit here, and I kiss more ass than any of you, and what do I have to show for it? Hmmmmmmmmm?

There’s nothing wrong with having a little width in the trouser leg, nor is it my fault I can’t dance too well. At least I’m enthusiastic.

Now, if you’ll all excuse me, I need to comb my sideburns.

Yours defensively, L_C

< techchick sitting here scratching her head >

Huh?

Is this self destruct mode with the OP?

< scratching head, maybe I need to try some Head and Shoulders? >

but especially here (|)

like this

----:)/ x o x o x
----///\\

on my gratuitous little ass.

So what does he win?

Reading this as I listen to the TV… “another Leafs win, this one 4-2 over Washington.”

:smiley:

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by BuddhaDog *

Five posts in POINTLESS stuff? 1.3% of his total. What does BuddhaDog have? Just a mere two posts putting him at…what’s this? 1.5%? And of course notice that BuddhaDog spent about 9% of his time asking questions in GQ and IMO (7 of the 10 IMO’s were questions), rather than using books or Google. And of course there’s 3% bitching.

Numbers can be almost as much fun as flares :slight_smile:

Well, if that’s going to be our criteria, the first to go should be that bastard tomndebb. As far as I’ve ever seen, he’s started fewer than five threads in over 5000 posts, for a percentage of .1%. Surely that man must never have had an original thought.

Wow, Lord Sandpaper of the SDMB almost managed to go an entire day without instigating. Watch how the deft word wizard chastises the OP for name-calling, and then witness his very own suggestion that “toilet trout” fuck off. That’s one wicked Mobius strip of Denial and Hypocrisy you’re living in there, son.

I guess I’m just a little surprised that you had the nards to attack on your own for once. Usually when Spoofey smells blood, Crunchy and Punha like to jump right on that bandwagon to make it a sweaty and grunting orgy of abuse. Congrats for holding your own, young one. You’ve taken your first step into a larger world.

Bossk, do you ever say anything that doesn’t make you sound like a jackass? I have yet to read a post by you that makes any kind of meaningful contribution to, well, anything. Why are you here?

Esprix

Jeez…where to start…
When I read the OP I was though it was about me. When I saw Bossk as the last poster I knew it was. But (ha ha), alas, no.
So ass-kissing for Espy for havin’ the ‘nards’ to call that one.
Ass-kissing to MEBuckner for making me spit juice all over my keyboard.
Ass-kissing to Tuba for…no, wait, I’ve already done that.

I like Slip.
And Manny, I always suspected…

Wow. He quotes, he scores. Or not, depending.

Points taken off for not linking properly to old posts.
Points taken off for not linking to the guy’s profile.
Points taken off for not being vitriolic at all.
Points taken off for not giving us some sort of context in any of those quotes.

OP receives score of . . . -7.3.

This has to be the worst attempt I’ve ever seen at a flame. You oughta have your keyboard and net access removed for it:D

And dear little Special K,

Awww, I didn’t know ya’ cared, ya’ big ol’ hunk of . . . er . . . biological waste-like substance:)

Just, you know, leave whenever you want. No reason to make a grand exite out of it. Implode, whatever.