Ann Coulter gets pwned! Coulter haters check it out!

Her official excuse of “Somebody gave me the wrong number” was unworthy of a 3rd grader late from recess. Uh, it’s called the Internet precious- I just googled “adam carolla show” and in less than 5 seconds I was on the page with his phone number (1-866-901-ADAM)- I’m sure if you’d called that line and explained the situation they’d have put you right through and you’d have been 4 minutes late tops.

Even an honest excuse of “my bulimia is to the point that I try to hork up the coke I just snorted for fear it has calories and in so doing lost consciousness” would have been more acceptable.

I agree. I am very puctual and hate lateness. I still think that hanging up on her was kind of lame. He should have kept her on the line and ripped her a couple of new ones and mocked her for her lame excuse.

Have you ever tried to call into a talk show? That line would have been busy and very difficult to get through to a person while the show was airing.

I know that this is MPSIMS but to hell with the both of you for making me defend Coulter. :wink:

No. The only reason she wanted to do the interview is because she’s a publicity whore. She needs the attention. But if she is arrogant enough to believe that she can come in THAT late and still get free publicity without an apology… screw her. Allowing her on air “to try and rip her a new one”, would just be giving in to what she wants. She NEEDS the publicity to fuel her image and ego. The only appropriate response was given. Bravo.

I’m pretty sure that if you were scheduled to appear on the show, it wouldn’t be all the difficult to get through.

I think hajario’s point is that you get a special line if you are scheduled to appear. In that case finding the standard number wouldn’t help help much, because that line is still busy.

Have some respect! Ann Coulter has immense value to America! She gives conservatives a bad name!

I think Adam Carolla’s response was just right - he gets the publicity and Ann doesn’t. Well, she gets fall-out publicity, but doesn’t get to hawk whatever trolling book she’s vomited up.

Don’t count on Ann not milking this for all it’s worth. I predict that by Tuesday we’ll be hearing the Echo Chamber pushing “conservative persecution” like the Dairy Council pushes cheese…

My, that was an unfortunate-sounding simile, wasn’t it?

To the contrary. She makes the slightly-less-hateful ones look mainstream and thoughtful. That’s her job.

Oh, shit, of course. Poor little Ann, all hated on by the liberal media.

Hey now, “poor little ann”? She earned every bit of the hatred aimed at her, from the liberal media and otherwise. Also, I am starting to wonder about the “liberal media” label…I’ve seen FOX news after all. :wink:

Um, that was sarcasm, son.

I quite enjoyed that.

Hanging up on people is classic Adam Carolla. He did it all the time on Loveline–if he thought somebody was BSing them, he’d say, “Eh, I don’t believe you” click and then make fun of them, just like he did to Coulter.

Yeah, I can’t wait to see someone try to spin Adam Carolla as part of the “liberal” media. That should be good for a laugh or two.

I think liberals should learn some lessons from this. He handled her in the best way possible. He treated her as someone not worth levelling with, and then they treated her as an object of ridicule.

I’m no fan of his, but I’d like to see him take on Fred Phelps. The way he handled Coulter was about the opposite of how Fox News handled Phelps.

This makes no sense to me. Why have her on the show in the first place then? If she had called in on time she would have gotten to hawk her book all she wanted.

Man, the attitude in her voice just sent me up the wall. Hey loser, if you had been more apologetic I doubt he would have hung up on you.

Thank you for summarising my thoughts WhyNot.

Perhaps Corrola didn’t want her on in the first place and his producers booked her, or perhaps he *did *want her on initially, only to decide he didn’t want to deal with an unapologetic, self-centered twat who was trying to make his people look bad when she actually called.

Who knows, really. But I can’t blame him for wanting to take control like that. Was he a bit jerkish? Yes, but he wasn’t entirely unprovoked. And, duh, it’s Adam Carrola. He built his career on being slightly, but not entirely, jerkish in situations where his listeners and viewers live vicariously through him.

If Coulter had shown up when she was supposed to and not acted like a bitch (at least, not to the show’s host) he’d probably have been glad to let her have her publicity. It was only after she was late and rude to Corolla that he decided that she was not going to get the opportunity to hawk her libellous wares. featherlou was commenting on how Corolla chose to punish Coulter by preventing her from doing her publicity thing, while generating extra publicity for himself by hanging up on the shrew. If he’d kept her on the line, she’d have gotten exactly what she wanted out of the show: a chance to talk about herself and her “book.” Since she’d been a dick to Corolla, he decided to prevent her from getting that chance. If she can’t keep to her side of the bargain (call in at time X) he doesn’t have to follow his side of the bargain (give Anne a platform to talk about Y).

Gotcha. That does make sense. Thanks.