Another Charlotte Dopefest?

I should be good for the weekend of the 22nd/23rd.

Exit 25 off the 77 is a little too far north for me, though. I think Sir Edmund Halley’s would be more central.

That. Is. So. COOL!

Hmm…anyway we could do something a teeny bit more north? That’s a 45 minute drive for me.

I will sit patiently in the car while Dewey D drives for any distance, if said peanut butter cups will be in attendance.

And for the record, all of you who aren’t coming won’t get any!!

It’s not my favorite place, but there’s a Hickory Tavern right at Exit 18 on I-77, as a possible compromise.

According to google maps, The Galway Hooker is an hour drive, but I’m game to explore a new area and I don’t mind chauffering Maus and anyone else who might be inclined to join me. I have a Windstar, so there’s room for plenty. I’d probably drive anywhere as long as I had an excuse (and the funds–sheesh!).

As for an Irish pub, I can’t think of a better place! Fun atmosphere, no doubt.

At this point I have no idea whether I’ll be working that weekend, but if the date is firmed up early enough, I can schedule the day off. Though I just started a new job, I’m still pretty flexible for the time being. I’d prefer a Saturday or Sunday for an hour drive home, but I’d likely swing a Friday night anyway.

I’m told I’m should to talk to Hockey Monkey, so I hope she comes, too. :smiley:

ETA: :smack: I just noticed HM’s post. :frowning:

Further north is fine.

I’m sorry Brown Eyed Girl. Maybe next time I can make it. If you ever come through the Triangle area let me know and maybe we could have lunch or dinner. :slight_smile:

You’re on! :smiley:

It looks like we’ve got a decent sized group of people who are able to go. Southern Yankee’s suggestion of a place sounds good to me.

I feel like I should warn those planning on attending that you’ll have to put up with me wanting to talk about my niece the entire time. She was born on Saturday and came home today, hence my lack of attentiveness to this thread. She’s pretty much the most amazing person I’ve ever met.

Awww - she’s so cute!! She’s not going to eat my peanut butter, is she?

Yeah - Babies have a way of doing that. Conga-rats.

Grats MissMossie! I lurves babehs…go ahead and bring more pics.

So… did the 'fest get abandoned… or are you all PMing each other without… me :dubious:

As far as I know, we’re still on … I think.

Did we agree on a date/time/place?

Looking back through the thread, it looks like the 22nd at Hickory Tavern, exit 18.

Ok, I wasn’t sure if everyone was good with that plan. I’ll be flying in from San Diego that evening, so as long as I’m not delayed I’ll be there.

I think the time is still up for debate. Shall we say 7?

I’m going to be decisive. We are meeting next Friday, August 22, at 7:30 at Hickory Tavern. Be there, or be square.

(If that’s not good for someone, I’m open to change.)

Works for me.