Another Idiocy From The Short Bus States

Yeah, because long time, popular poster you with the face is doing so well in her pit thread. :rolleyes:

Oh, shit. I think Deser2 is Kaiser Soze.

Think about it.

Let me start by apologizing to **fumster **- in my mind I merged this thread with the BBQ thread complaining about responses on the board and bias of the mods (I have no experience with the mods so I have no real opinion on that aspect of the post) where the OP was leaving- in fact, my entire post should be moved to that thread. That’s what happens when I post at work while doing other things. So fumster, my comment wasn’t actually directed at you despite actually being the OP in this post. I actually agree with how you handled the situation. Being a dog lover, and assuming that your post was truthful with regards to how things went down, I would consider your reaction rather tame.

Jack Batty: Good example to support my point. I disagree and I receive the typical SDMB response.

A Monkey with a Gun: I don’t think it is all that necessary to call out the individuals who do this. A cursory review of any “conservative” thread will have many examples of the types of responses I’m talking about. And sure, there are some WAY out there threads where those types of responses are warranted because of how absolutely asanine the original posters arguments are, but there are plenty of others where it’s just someone with a different view point (like this thread here) gets shitted on simply because other posters disagree.

Really Not All That Bright: I didn’t say it happens every single time. There are varying degrees to everything in life - its not always all or none. Not to mention that “long time” does not necessarily equate to popular in all instaces.

Jesus I’m having a bang-up day. Now I confused this with the thread about the dog getting hit by a car. Fuck man, I really need to stop posting at work. Ignore most of the first paragraph - I do mostly agree with fumster though - it seems that a lot of these crazy ass stories come from more Republican leaning states. I know in this case it was a democrat but I can’t imagine that this democrat would have a whole lot in common with a democrat from a place like New York.

Anyways, no more posting from me today. I’ve reached my error quota for today.

Good. At least that means we won’t have to hear about how much we all suck for the rest of the day.

That’s where we disagree. One of the great things about this board is that it values logic in arguments. Fumster is being taking to task because he is trying to use a high school valedictorian speech as an excuse to get up on his Soap Box. Regardless of what side of the political coin you are on, the shit just doesn’t follow. One principal’s decision is not a reason to make grandiose claims about entire regions of the country.

His argument is ridiculous on it’s face and needs to be derided.

If you can’t even keep it straight about what thread you’re in, can you really trust yourself to get multiple state’s political majorities connected (in)correctly to local isolated non-political news stories?

I can see why you side with Fumster. You both seem to have that rare ability to connect two separate trains of thought into one combined clusterfuck.

You face the same choices as the patient who should either cut the dose in half or double it. That is, you may want to slow your posting down a bit to it’s previous rate (4 months / 10 posts) since you can’t seem to get things right with multiple posts.

Or you can just hang in there, keep posting, take a few lumps…but get your stamina up so you can come out swinging in the pit and connect a few of those punches. Either way, it was fun tossing a few jabs with you.

Using fumster logic, I guess all us blue stater’s are homosexual drama-queen kiddie didlers that avoid charges on good will. :eek:

Well, I certainly am. Unlike Mr. Gaultier, though, I know how to use reflexive pronouns.

You’re a homosexual drag queen kiddie diddler?

Band name!

I hear he diddles his relative’s pronouns.

He has only one, relatively speaking?

Well, I live in a purple state, so maybe I’m not a drag queen.

None of these were indicated in the incident. This is broad-brush generalization even more extrapolated than your bigoted OP.

You fucking retard.

The case here was either silly prudery or small-minded misuse of power. A lot of people on the SDMB attribute these tendencies to the right side of the political spectrum (and the lowest-wattage members then attribute to geography).

However, these two tendencies appear across the spectrum. One need look no further than this board itself. Zotti’s cuntgate is a good example of prudery, and the (aggregate) tendency of the boards mods and administrators’ less favorable and more arbitrary rulings. I wouldn’t consider the administration of the board to be particularly “red state”.

Punk band name!

You are right, the list of stuff that I gave as to why the short bus states sucks was different that the incident in the OP. Now this might be difficult for you to understand, but because they were in addition to strengthens the argument as to why Red States suck. Every place has some idiots, numerous places have lots of idiots, it’s when you have a majority of idiots in one place that things get really bad. And for some reason, there are a handful of states that continue to suck year after year. They were the ones that decided that slavery was OK until the mid 19th century, and that separate drinking fountains were dandy until the mid 20th century. And then, it’s not as though they woke up one day and realized it was bad, there needed to be troops sent in. These days we have county judges that think the UN is going to send troops in to Buttfuckville and US Representatives that think women who are raped can’t get pregnant. It’s not as though some random idiot is saying this shit, these idiots are elected buy a bunch of other fucking idiots.

You can look at almost any metric of goodness and see that the same handful of states show up in the suck-o-meter again and again: wealth, income, health, education, teen age pregnancy, and infant mortality. These are the same states that want to teach that Jesus rode on dinosaurs and believe that Obama is a secret Muslim born in Kenya and would have put Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

I’m trying to decide which is stronger, your retardation or your bigotry.

On one hand your bigotry allows you to classify areas by your bias, then pick and choose events within and without and self-delude that the ancient borders contain those actions.

On the other, your writing makes you sound as though you are mouthing the words as you type them.

Retardation? Bigotry? So hard to decide.

You are right. The Five Civilized Tribes did side with the Confederacy during the Civil War. Maybe the redmen were all Republicans.

Oh, wait, the Republicans at that time were the anti-slavery party and the Democrats were pro-slavery.

This entire thread reads like a failed sixth grade history exam.

There are really no red states/blue states, it’s more of a county thing, even in the South.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=red+and+blue+states+by+county&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1536&bih=695&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=_fgZEYG0dboR5M:&imgrefurl=http://www.aurorawdc.com/ci/000212.html&imgurl=http://www.aurorawdc.com/ci/red_vs_blue_county_2004.jpg&w=500&h=336&ei=YKg5UKyJK4n5igKtjIGYAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=396&vpy=159&dur=12277&hovh=184&hovw=274&tx=86&ty=192&sig=110646819748997183250&page=1&tbnh=136&tbnw=202&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:78

Well yes, the Democrats used to be the party of southern racists and the Republicans were anti-slavery, but then the Republicans went for the “Southern Strategy” and the parties flipped. But what the fuck does that have to do about anything? The states that sucked then are still the states that suck now, regardless of what party they decide to run their imbecile candidates in. And it’s wonderful that it is a county by county thing, except that you still have a majority of idiots in your states that manage to elect people who espouse views that The Onion would reject as being too unbelievable to publish as satire.

When your elected officials think that the president is a Muslim, born in Kenya, who is going to send UN troops in to seize your guns, and that women who are forcibly raped can not get pregnant, it reflects more on you than it does on them.

Other parts of the United States have batshit insane people too, we just try not to put them in positions of power.