Another Idiocy From The Short Bus States

Like voting for Bush even after the train wrecks of Katrina and the Iraq war? Or supporting a ticket that put Palin a heartbeat away from President?

Yep. I haven’t seen any proof that small minded people gravitate to any specific political or geographic area.

It’s probably entertaining for some of you to dismiss outright any particular state where the vote doesn’t go the way of your favorite political criminals but I just don’t see any proof that the idiots and assholes all manage to mostly show up in the same areas.

So the fact that slavery, Jim Crow, and lynchings, were all in the south, and that as a whole the red states are poorer, fatter, less educated, and less healthy is a coincidence?

It’s not that all states don’t have idiots, you just want to try and avoid having them be in the majority.

:rolleyes: If you want to complain about red-state political tendencies specifically, then open a thread about them.

But I join my fellow liberal/Democrat posters in this thread in thinking that laying this one particular act of school-administration silliness at the door of “Red Staters” or Republicans in general is pretty stupid.

By the way, in case you’re interested, the Oklahoma state Representative from the district where this incident took place (in fact, from the very town where it took place, namely Prague, OK) happens to be a Democrat.

Suggested thread title revision: “Another Idiocy From The Language-Censoring PC Democrats”. Just as appropriate as the original version.
(What I find really funny in this silly situation is the coincidence that the mascot of the Prague school sports teams is a little red devil. Pic. :smiley: )

You might want to brush up on your African-American history, there, pardner. I’ll give you the Jim Crow laws and the vast majority of slaves and lynchings, but slavery and lynching occurred outside of the South, as well, and racial discrimination. Plus, red states include Alaska and Idaho, which are kind of completely and totally not Southern.

I agree with you that a small minded idiot can show up anywhere. If not, how do you explain your presence here?

This is much less clever than you believe it is…

Oklahoma did not even become a state until 1907, before that it was Indian Territory. It didn’t have anything to do with the Old South or slavery.

Did they teach any US history when you went to high school?

Perhaps she should have used a word that would have had a less scandalizing effect on the simple minded who attended?

What the hades do I know?

• Probably would have sent most of them to their phones to google the term.

What the tartarus do I know?

• Yes, the good lord knows how good tartar sauce tastes with freedom taters!

What the Sheol do I know?

• Oh my god she’s one o’dam terrorisms!

This. If he has such a big problem with a word like “hell” he can go get fucked. :smiley:

The territory had thousands of slaves.

Wow, only 10 posts in your entire 4 months here and you use one of them to critique my comic prowess.

I’m honored.

Tell me, was it the timing, the composition or the delivery that did me in?

I think he wanted you to smash a watermelon or something.

Hey, did you know red states produce more watermelons annually than blue states?

It was the 5th Grade-esque response that caused it to be unfunny. You should’ve thrown in an “I know you are but what am I” just for good measure.

And there are only 10 posts from me in the 4 months I’ve been registered (have lurked much longer than that) because unlike a lot of the people who post on the board, I usually make posts only when I have something worthwhile to contribute - not just to inflate the ol’ post count and brandish my incredibly e-peen.

And for my worthwhile contribution - while I may not agree with how the OP went about it, and I certainly don’t agree with 99.9% of the other posts I have read by him/her/it/, a good point was brought up. Post after post I see the SAME posters jumping all over anyone they don’t agree with and threads usually diverge from the original topic to thinly veiled insults (sometimes not so thinly veiled) to anyone posting something “against the grain”. As someone in this thread mentioned, for a website originally created to inform the masses (as well as invoke discussion on various subject I would presume) any kind of discourse that seems to go against what the majority around here believes seems to be discouraged.

It’s kind of amusing most of the time. Compared to some of the other message boards I’ve belonged to, this one is akin to a pit of rabid dogs. God forbid someone disagrees with a long time (read: popular) poster - that poster immediately becomes a kitten dropped into the pit. The sad thing is, I agree with what a lot of the typical posters here say and believe but the way a good majority of you go about “discussing” and “arguing” with those you disagree with just makes me shake my head and chuckle.

As I said, the OP is a fucking knuckle-head and I’m certainly not sad to see him and his bat-shit crazy ideas and beliefs go, but that doesn’t mean the substance of what he was saying in the OP is any less valid in my eyes.

Uh oh. Better shut down the boards; **Deser **is displeased with the discourse.

Where did I go?

Well you smell like you came from goatses’ ass.

Well if that’s the criteria then a good portion of the world is now “the south”.

And who would those posters be in regards to our OP here, pray tell. Is it me? I was the first one to call “bullshit!”, yet I honestly don’t remember ever even sharing a thread with the poster who has graced us with this one.

Bonus points if the response involves the words “Usual Suspects”.