Another Name That Tune Game: ID Artist and Track by Its Spoken Introduction:

OK.

Take one-part Biggirl’sThe “who is she and what is she singing?” game,

fold in some of AtomicDog’sA different Name That Tune game,

add a dash of capacitor’sTalking parts of songs

and sprinkle a little of auntie em’sHow 'bout a rousing round of Name That Tune by Storyline? for good measure, and there you have it –

A Name That Tune Game that’s a little more difficult to cheat (but not by any means impossible – so please refrain) with Spoken Introductions.

The rules? Simple

Criteria: The song must have a spoken word introduction (music can be playing in the background). Live tracks should be designated as such.

For the ‘Spoken Lyric Clue’ Givers: Include your screen name before the lyric line you post, so that the ‘Spoken Lyric Clue’ Respondents can tie their answer back to your post. If you wish to give a subtle hint, by all means do.

I’ll get the ball rolling with the 1st fifteen that come to mind, if this thread survives & no one else uses them; I got at least another dozen.

I’ll avoid the obscure, the vague and the obvious (ala Meat Loaf’s ‘You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth”).
JB1**(1997)**: * Another world, another time. This land was green and good until the crystal cracked.*
Clue: If the line spawns the idea it’s Filter, you’re warm – but incorrect.

JB2**(1994)**: We’re American and damn proud of it! “Frankly I’m getting a little ticked off…” Go to Hell
Clue: I almost picked ‘3 Big Bags’…but who wants to hear about open sexual intercourse on every street corner of America?

JB3**(1993)**: Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you at Birdland this evening
Clue: Did Herbie Hancock get a thank you note or royalties?

JB4**(1991)**: Inter football, France Football. Une emission du service des sports presente par Jaques Vardou
Clue: Neil Young’s from Canada, does he understand the entire into?

JB5**(1986)**: What the hell gives the right to tell me what to do with my life? Especially when you made a mess of every chance you had to success.
Clue: more yelled than spoken. I’ve often wondered if this song was intended to be heard by a certain Dakota resident

JB6**(1986)**: You’re too nasty…You’re always talking about masturbation and fornication. You’re never gonna get on MTV that way
Clue: Perhaps Music Television should be hit with a money shot

JB7**(1985)**: * I always talk like I’m wigged out on Quaaludes. I wear a satin baseball jacket everywhere I go*
Clue: A bad Marc Goodman impersonation

JB8**(1976)**: You’re boned like a saint, with the consciousness of a snake.
Clue: SDMB Member #5545

JB9**(1975)**: The veal cutlet come down trying to beat the shit out of my cup of coffee. Coffee just wasn’t strong enough to defend itself.
Clue: There’s a rendezvous of strangers around the coffee earn tonight

JB10**(1972)**: In this day and age there’s lots of trouble and strife in the world and I got a little message I want everybody to hear. Please don’t fuss and fight and what? Get off the bloody…
Clue: This band chickened out when they were invited to the No-Nukes concert at Madison Square Garden

JB11**(1971)**: * Police office giving his evidence, “I was proceeding in a southerly direction my lord, when I heard strange sounds coming from Waldorf Place, me lord…A sort of boogie-woogie music was being played*
Clue: This is where Sir Elton both produced and got his surname

JB12**(1970)**: You know when you’re born, you first see light of day through a gap in your mother’s legs, it’s the truth…
Clue: The alternative to making love – An obscure intro to an old 60’s cover.

JB13**(1969)**: This one’s got a bit of chicka-chicka in it… (Live)
Clue: This one’s very ‘Easy’ – There is no studio version.

JB14**(1969)**: A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, Got Me?
Clue: The Sleepy Lagoon Murder

JB15**(1968)**: I was falling into the flames and I knew that I was gonna burn. I was gonna burn. Oh God, it’s so hot in here, let me out please!
Clue: Song went #1-UK and #2-US but the into never got airplay. Produced during Townsend’s heroin days
There you have it, ask / or guess away.

Dink - Green Mind

Us3 - Cantaloop

JB9(1975): The veal cutlet come down trying to beat the shit out of my cup of coffee. Coffee just wasn’t strong enough to defend itself.
Tom Waits - “Eggs and Sausage”
JB13(1969): This one’s got a bit of chicka-chicka in it…
John Mayall - “Room to Move”

Here’s a pretty easy one:

LD1: “On board were the Twelve: The poet, the physician, the farmer, the scientist, the magician and the other so-called Gods of our legends.”

B1(1965):“Last December there appeared in the newspaper the juiciest, spiciest, raciest obituary it has ever been my pleasure to read…”

Couple of easy ones:

L4L-1
Senores y Senoras,
nosotros tenemos mas influencia
con sus hijos que tu tiene
pero los queremos
creado y regalo
de los angeles…

L4L-2
You broke my heart
'Cause I couldn’t dance
You didn’t even want me around
And now I’m back, to let you know
I can really shake 'em down

Yay! I know one. I knew grad school would come in handy someday.

Alma, by Tom Lehrer

"Alma, tell us. All modern women are jealous.

Though you never even used Pons, you bagged Gustav and Walter and Hans."

L4L-2 is “Do You Love Me?” by the Contours. (great song, btw!)

JB15(1968): I was falling into the flames and I knew that I was gonna burn. I was gonna burn. Oh God, it’s so hot in here, let me out please!

Wild guess here - Maybe The Crazy World of Arthur Brown doing the intro to “Fire?”

JB6 - Mojo Nixon “Stuffin Martha’s Muffin”
JB8 - Blue Oyster Cult “Revenge Of The Vera Gemini”
JB11 - Long John Baldry?

Atlantis…Donovon

Captain Beefheart…Trout Mask Replica

JB7**(1985)**: * I always talk like I’m wigged out on Quaaludes. I wear a satin baseball jacket everywhere I go*
Clue: A bad Marc Goodman impersonation
Dead Kennedys - MTV Get Off The Air

JB14**(1969)**: A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, Got Me?
Clue: The Sleepy Lagoon Murder
Captain Beefheart - Pachuco Cadaver

Juana’s Adiccion (Jane’s Addiction)

The introduction to Ritual de lo Habitual, I believe, but I don’t remember the first song on the album.

CG1: "Cold-hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colors from our sight…

eng1:

Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight,
Red is gray and yellow white,
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion?

My fav Moody Blues album…

Days of Future passed…the Day begins.

Zelski1 Somewhere in a lonely hotel room there’s a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It’s 2 a.m.

Of course, that’s “No Love Today” by Chris Smither

Damn…I knew that one!