Another odd names thread

::Moe:: Mike Hawke? Is Myke Hawke here? I really need to speak to Myke Hawke! ::general laughter::

Fort Wayne resident here. There’s a street named after Harry Baals here but they had to change the name to H.W. Baals Drive because people kept stealing the street sign.

There was a guy on the US diving team in the last Olympics named Steele Johnson.

I had a teacher in high school named Pat Patrick. I never asked if his full name was Patrick Patrick.

Mrs Bitchin’ just reminded me, she/we had a customer named…
Guru Bedou, he was on the phone (we worked at a call center) I muted him and yelled his name in Scooby Doo’s voice. Several computer screens were soiled.:eek:

I was just reading an article at Rawstory, and it had a quote from someone with the last name(s) Swallow Prior. In the next paragraph, they quoted someone with the last name Cowgill. The first sounds like the begining of an instruction for a medication, the second like an anatomical feature on a really freaky-ass cow.

A friend of mine used to be his patient.

How about Dick Trickle, and the other insurance agent at the office named Dick Cox?

:smack:

When I was in college in the early 1990s, a woman a couple years ahead of me got married, and considered keeping her married name because her name was Cindy, and she was marrying a man with the surname Crawford. In the end, she did change it because, among other things, she knew there was a good chance that in X number of years, nobody would remember the model Cindy Crawford. (She’s kind of fallen off the radar, but mainly because her own priorities changed.)

I used to post on a health care message board that was mostly for nurses, and there were some “What’s the weirdest name you’ve ever seen” threads. I’ll just say this much: Nobody had ever encountered anyone with a name pronounced “shi-theed” and spelled “Shithead”, nor had any of them met the Lemonjello and Orangejello twins.

I had a dentist named Falkoff. His associate was Payne. When you called they answered “Fuckoff and Pain”. I swear the receptionist got her jollies doing it. It was hilarious. He was a terrible dentist so I quit going there. I kinda miss it.

I had two in my high school:

• Our chemistry teacher, Mr. Dick had a son named, of course Harold.

• A friend was named Robert Bear. We’d shorten his first name to “Bob” and pronounce his last name in Spanish “Oso.” Put them together and you get Boboso, which roughly translates from Spanish to “Stupid” (it actually means slimy or drooling). We thought we it was very clever.

My mother swore she went to school with a girl named Ophelia Rasse. (Say it out loud.)

Robbie is just a nickname. His real name is Jaime. My dad knew a woman who’s last name was Thumb and yes, she named her son Tom.

Not so bad separate, but I had a project in Italy which included a woman with the lastname Gatti and a man called Topi (Cats and Mice, respectively).

Whenever they got introduced to someone who understood the terms there would be a couple of blinks, a momentary silence while the person swallowed the puns, and then the conversation would continue normally.

I knew a guy named Richard Craver. He didn’t go by anything else.

Honestly, I’m shocked when I hear of someone that calls himself “Dick” nowadays. Why do that to yourself? WHY??

I once filled a prescription written by a urologist named Dr. Wiener.

(Really.)

Were his initials I. C.? I have a pizza delivery for him.

I knew a Jack Horner.

Where did he typically sit?
mmm

I have a colleague whose given name is Giusi. Yes, she does, in fact, pronounce her name “Juicy.”

I went to school with a girl who went by her middle name, Annette. Her first name was Mary. Mary Annette. Subtler than some others.

A friend of a friend in high school was a girl whose first two names were Donny Marie. Guess what decade she was born in.

Edit: almost forgot, the first assistant prosecutor in Lubbock, soon to be the elected DA since she’s running unopposed, is Sunshine Stanek.

Having been a teacher and now working with student Google and Power School accounts on the tech end of things, I’ve seen thousands of names. We have one student who has a name that I’ve never seen on any other student before. His name is Cristian, without the “H”.

Now, religious based names such as Jesus, Mary, Christian, etc, are very common in the Latino community, but I’ve never seen “Cristian” before. It caused us a real problem before we tracked the error it was producing in Power School.