Another post pitting cancer

SWMBO’s dad has been in and out of the hospital over the last three weeks. During his last session, everything started shutting down and they found a massive tumor in his liver.

SWMBO flew over today. I can’t go until Thursday and he is not expected to make it that long. They brought him home this morning with hospice coverage.

Hugo is a helluva guy. Mind so sharp it would cut you. I’m kinda glad he’s going fast and not long and dragged-out, but I really would like to be able to say good-bye to him.

Dammit. :mad: :frowning:

My condolences to your whole family. Cancer truly is horrible.

My sympathies to you and SWMBO.

Oh god, Clothahump, that is terrible I am so sorry.

Cancer sucks. On this, we agree. My condolences to you and your wife.

So sorry to read that (‘hear that’ just looks so odd on the internet).

Best wishes to you and your family in this time.

Sorry to hear that, and best wishes to your family.

I am very, very sorry to hear that. Despite the darkness right now, I hope you and your family can take some time to reflect on the good times he has brought to your lives.

I’m so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

I am sorry to hear that, seriously. Cancer is a bastard.

Sorry to hear that, Clothy. My genuine and heartfelt sympathy.

I may give you shit sometimes Clothy but sincere best wishes to your father in law and your family. My own brother in law was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It’s hard to be optimistic.

Dude, you have my complete and sincere sympathies. My Dad went to cancer, and it’s a bitch. Stay strong, and know that even jerks like me are with you on this.

So very sorry to hear the sad news.

May you all find comfort and strength in each other in the difficult days ahead.

I’m so sorry. I hope you’re able to get there in time. My best to your family. :frowning:

My father passed 3 weeks ago from leukemia; diagnosed April 2016 his pain immobilized him this May. I was able to say goodbye and encourage you to do the same. My best to your wife, she will need patience and support she never had to contemplate before. I’ve been expecting my dad’s death over a year and I’m directionless on where my grief will go next.
Peace to your family.

My condolences to you and your wife and family. Fuck cancer indeed.

That really sucks. I’m so very sorry.
Peace

Got an update from SWMBO - she wants me to leave before sunrise tomorrow to get there. Even better would be directly after I lock up the school tonight. :frowning:

Cross your fingers!

May you have safe travel so the family doesn’t have further grief.