Anti-vaxxers are ignorant scumbags that kill children

Mundane_Super_Hero is our winner.

< humble bow >

A hemorrhoids is a vein so what if it burst? I read somewhere (can’t remember where) where a guy had his hemorrhoid burst and he compared the amount of blood to being shot in the ass with a .45.

A hemorrhoid cannot pop in the way that a pimple can. Hemorrhoids are swollen or inflamed anorectal veins that can bulge out from your anus. When the pressure inside a swollen hemorrhoid increases, it may pop, secreting blood and/or pus. This is a rare occurrence because the days leading up to a hemorrhoid popping are extremely painful, likely causing you to seek medical care before that happens spontaneously. It’s important to note that you should never pop a hemorrhoid yourself as that can makes matters worse.

But pretty much all sources agree it will only bleed for about 10 minutes but suppose he is on blood-thinners. Then maybe he would need a transfusion.

This guy died of hemorrhoids but it was due to fourier gangrene (guys, do NOT google image search). This site does refer to anemia as a possible complication but again it seems any life-threatening complications are through infection and necrosis. Again, do NOT image search "fourier gangrene.

I’m calling BS on Del Bigtree’s story for this reason. If you have a hemorrhoid that is about to let loose, you will have a couple days of intense pain. Like 12 hours after you say, “I can eat Carolina Reapers. Just watch.” sort of pain. According to Del,

Bigtree said that he had sought medical care because he had first noted difficulty walking across the room and that his medical care involved “blood transfusions” and a “minor surgery.”

Facebook has finally done something about them.

“Any amount of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation that violates our policies is too much by our standards — and we have removed over three dozen Pages, groups and Facebook or Instagram accounts linked to these 12 people, including at least one linked to each of the 12 people, for violating our policies.”

The Disinformation Dozen live on at Facebook, if not directly, then in the accounts of various people and organizations that promote their drivel.

For instance, RFK Jr.* has a ton of videos still up that flog antivax nonsense and the “scam demic”. There’s an extended interview up on Facebook with sleazemaster Mike Adams featuring Covid-19 scaremongering, and a mini-fraudumentary to the accompaniment of scary music, citing purported Nazi vaccine experimentation in concentration camps. This is hosted by loonies who say in a sidebar: “It’s quite obvious Big Brother Big Tech wants to mute, silence, de-platform and delete anyone who goes AGAINST the fragile fabricated non-sensical unethical inhumane narratives of the Satanic Jesuit Messianic Anti-Christ World Order**. The can shut us down temporarily, but they can never ever silence the TRUTH.”

*he has at least one personal page where he continues to spread science misinformation on other topics.
**undoubtedly the Jews can be squeezed in there somewhere.

…children and other living things.

Here’s some new crazy. Read the whole thing. It is just jam-packed.

Fuckers better be in prison by the end of the day.

No shit. He bases his “authority” on the Nuremberg Code.

“What they’re doing here is they’re violating the Nuremberg Code, and if you allow one more shot to go into one more person’s body, you yourself can be executed,” he told the pharmacists as well as other Walmart workers present. "It’s a violation of the Nuremberg Code. I do this out of love, I’m not trying to give you any fear and intimidation — I’m just letting you guys know that if you continue to do this, that you guys will be held accountable.”

As to the code itself

The Code has not been officially accepted as law by any nation or as official ethics guidelines by any association.

He might as well be citing the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition or Asimov’s Laws of Robotics. It’s Sovereign Citizen level nuttiness mixed with anti-vax hysteria and terrorism. Quite lovely!

Antivaxers have long fantasized about tribunals where health care personnel and their other enemies will be put on trial and punished/executed. The Nuremberg Code delusion has gotten a big boost during Covid-19.

Such toxic nuttiness is not confined to the U.S.:

All over the country, vaccination sites are being shut down by anti-vaxx thugs. Where are the cops? Calling in sick to protest BLM?

I assume these cars have license plates.

And if any of the would vaccination-getters contracts covid, they can sue.

If they don’t die first

The Lewis County Health System in New York state is suspending service for obstetric and neonatal care. They were short-handed already, and recently several staff quit because they refuse the vaccine.

Of all people, I just don’t understand healthcare workers not getting vaccinated. I wish there were a way to completely bar them from employment in healthcare ever again, though there probably isn’t other than just getting a bad reference from the hospital.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Unless the hospital they apply to doesn’t take Medicare, one of the questions they will be asked is if they’re vaccinated, and they’ll have to supply proof.

And yeah, I have no idea how an HCW could refuse a vaccine for something like this. On the one hand, we’ve seen plenty of evidence that they’re no smarter than most people. On the other, they should have learned better while in school!

I know there are good nurses and physicians assistants out there, but I’ve encountered some who couldn’t even take my blood pressure right.

A nurse friend of mine said that in her class (a nursing school in Texas, I don’t remember specifically where), her instructor’s repeated motto was, "Remember, “C” equals “RN” - meaning even a low grade is enough to pass.

Some of the most badly informed people I know are “health professionals” (usually below the rank of doctor). A moderate amount of knowledge makes them think they’re experts. (Not talking about our own Straight Dopers, who are top-notch.)

Of all the people in the world that choose not to be vaccinated, nurses in the neonatal ward have to be the worst. Babies in the NICU are probably the most in need of quality care. And anyone who thinks that working there while being a risk to the newborn due to selfish reasons - well, I hope Dante has a special place in hell for them.

I have met some strange people in my life. The 2 your post make come to mind is the doctor who didn’t believe germs caused disease and the astrophysicist (Ph.D.) who was a Young Earther.

Yup. Like the riddle goes:

What do you call the medical school student who graduates last in his class?

Doctor.