Any Dopers here from South Carolina?

I know I’m not the only one, now come to me my fellow South Carolinians, come to me! :smiley:

I’m from Seneca, SC myself, and bored out of my mind if you must know the Gods honest truth.

Well, that stands to reason. Looks like Clemson’s the only thing nearby! :smiley:

There’s a sparse few SC Dopers (I’m not one of them, though I once lived in SC), and you’re about to lose one when Skerri moves her worldly belongings from Charleston to Baltimore later this week.

I’m in SC for a few years, Charleston to be exact. I’m not a native, though. Graduate school and all that.

And I don’t talk much in the morning. Have a good day! :slight_smile:

I am currently in Bennettsville, SC, but I am planning on getting out permanently this summer.

Heloise lived in South Carolina for a long time, but not anymore.

Yup. I’m outta here tomorrow, though. I’ve lived here ALL MY LIFE, and I’m finally getting out of this place. Woo! :smiley:

I can think of one from the Pee-Deeish area, one from the Orangeburgish area, three from the Columbia area, and three from the Charleston area.

I won’t name names, though, since they might want to stay incognito.

I’ve got an apartment on the mainland at Hilton Head Island (Bluffton, to be precise), but I am working in Athens, GA and living here with my folks until I get done moving my things next month.

I’m FREE! I’m FREE!

Seriously though, I was born and raised in Athens, and while I love Charleston, Bluffton/HHI gets old (there’s only so much ‘Tropical Resort’ you can stand, when there’s a total lack of culture there as well).

I’m an occasional S.C. doper (Columbia): used to live there, and go back to visit my SO when I can.

And yup, Hilton Head is good for an occasional visit: there just isn’t enough there to keep me entertained for very long. (And I have had my fill of living in tourist areas, thank you very much.)

<< COFFEE.EXE not found. Insert cup and hit any key to contiune. >>

I’m in the Upstate (Greenville area)–not too far from you, BrentLumkin.
There doesn’t seem to be a lot of us SC-ers.

Oh well, heh.

I was in Columbia for ~7 years for college & grad school, but for the last year or so I have been pretty much going where the somewhat sparse work in my field takes me. My family’s still in the area, though, and I’m back often.

I’m in Charleston. I’m not from here but I’ve been here 6 years now.

Another Columbia Doper checking in. I’ve lived here for about five and a half years now (moved from West Palm Beach, Florida).

Searching For Truth also lives in Columbia; I’m sure she’ll check in eventually.

Ah yes. Thanks, Catalyst. I think I’m going to call you ‘Catty’ for short on the boards. :wink: Whaddya think?

I’ve lived in Columbia for 8-9 years. Looking forward to my move to Charleston, next semester.

Thanks to Slainte for pointing me to a current SC thread!

I vow to improve my searching skills in the future.

I actually live in Simpsonville, but nobody knows where that is. (It’s a suburb of G’ville.)

Anybody in the area, my local cliche has made a vow to have some good rednecky fun at Greenville/Pickens speedway every Saturday night, if anyone feels like getting some pieces in their beers.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

I’m in the Upstate too. Taylors area, I had no idea there were so many here although I’m much more a lurker than a poster.

Bruce_Daddy, my husband is in construction and is in Simpsonville every day. That part of town is exploding

No kidding. simpsonville.com claims that the 'ville is 2nd in the state for per capita income. (shrugs)

Cool! I used to live in Laurinburg, NC, about 1/2 mile from the South Carolina border - and not far at all from Bennettsville!