[QUOTE=alice_in_wonderland]
I’m taking a class right now, rather ponderously named Daughters of Eve: The Role of Women in Western Religion. Despite the mouthful of a name, the class is really good.
As a requirement of the course each student has to present something about a western religion. I’ve decided to do a presentation about Ketubot both because many of them are fantastically beautiful, and I love the idea of having a visual representation of a couple’s commitment to each other on display in their home - it strikes me as very romantic.
Now, I’ve done a great deal of research, viewed a number of Ketubot, have a bunch picked out that I’m going to use in my presentation from a variety of different countries. I’ve done research about the religious significance, the artistic significance, and the daily (weekly) use of the Ketubah during Shabbat ceremonies.
I guess what I would really like is the perspective of someone (someones) who actually has one of these things. I have no idea how comfortable people would be talking about it - I mean, the impression I get is that the Ketubah is displayed in many Jewish homes so it can’t be THAT private, but it does deal with the intimate details of the marital relationship, and I don’t want to offend anyone.
So, with that disclaimer out of the way: To anyone who has a Ketubah - this obviously includes married Jewish people, or non-Jews married to Jews - what do you think about your Ketubah? Did you spend a lot of time choosing how it would look? Is it purely traditional, or did you opt to include some modern influences? Do you refer to it during Shabbat as my research suggests? In short, tell me all about your Ketubah! 
As an aside, there seem to be about 4 different spellings of Ketubah floating around in the literature - if I’ve selected the “wrong” one, I apologize.
Please - elucidate me!
[/QUOTE]
My wife and I have a ketubah used in our wedding ceremonty (five years ago) and now displayed on our bedroom wall. We chose the specific document becasue of its artistry and becasue of the wording (egalitarian Conservative). We also wrote and signed a more detailed “pre-nup” ketubah codicile which specifies mundane issues of living accommodations, personal preferences, etc.
We are in our late fifties, so child raising was not an issue.
In previous generations the ketubah was simply a certificate of marriage, like a civil license: the artisic form seems rather recent, and largely american.
Do you have specific questions I can assist with?