Any other Steve Forbert fans around here then?

I was talking to someone in a shop from Georgia in the USA and I couldn’t believe she had never heard of Steve Forbert. He is of course the truck driver from Meridian Mississippi and I like his songs of course. I’ve seen him live and he played the harmonica and of course I wish I could play the harmonica like that. Anyone else ever seen him? And what albums do you like? What albums? And what lyrics and I like the way he laughs as well and anyone else tell me about his songs his songs and more things about this then?

Reported for forum change.

Well, that and how I haven’t heard about Steve Forbert since 1979, so I’m not surprised they never heard of him.

Shouldn’t this thread be in Cafe Society?

Never heard of him.

nm
(ed: I thought you were talking about Feeb Storberts.)

Never heard of him then.

(Or now)

I knew exactly who our host was talking about and what he looked like two seconds after reading the title. Not a Google-level retrieval time, but okay. I think he’s bigger in Yurp and UK these days.

Agreed. I recognized the name and my first thought was “Is he still around?”

Wow, I’d forgotten about him! How I loved Romeo’s Tune way back when…

I know most people only know him for one song, but the album The American in Me is a goddamn classic.

A neighbor friend of mine is a big fan, and he convinced me to join him and his wife to catch SF at a small club nearby…this was about two years ago. He puts on a very enjoyable show, although not extremely memorable - I’m pretty sure he was solo. Earnest, funny, and entertaining - plus I like his voice. Really only knowing Romeo’s Tune before, this one stood out:

The Oil Song

Big fan of Alive on Arrival and the next couple then lost track of him. Saw him in a small club last January…very engaging performer. He’s still putting music out.

Never heard of him.

Just went to listen to Romeo’s Tune in case I knew the tune and not the name. Nope. Never heard of him or that song.