Any WWE fans in the audience? (Part 1)

Well yeah, they just don’t have enough titles compared to the number of wrestlers. Sometimes they even have to hold non-title matches because of the title shortage. And yet not so long ago there were so many titles some wrestlers had to have two of them at once.

Not to mention that the NXT roster is basically 10 total people and that’s it.

I 100% blame Covid and the lack of NXT house shows, but NXT is so boring to me now for the same reasons people say the main roster is boring…it’s the same people over and over again. I legitimately have no desire to see Johnny Garbonzo wrestle for a title for the 100,000th time. Or see Kyle O’Rielly, or Adam Cole, or even Finn for that matter. These are literally the same headliners facing each other from three years ago.

Where is Kona Reeves? Rocky? Mars? I know these guys weren’t that particularly good (or if they’re even on the roster right now lol) but there hasn’t been any new talent in NXT in what feels like forever. Thank the Lord for Bronson Reed and even Karrion Kross because they’re the most different and unique thing we’ve had on the show for ages. We need house shows to come back because these lesser/newer wrestlers need to get time in front of a crowd and work to be put on tv.

While NXT is better than Raw (but, despite my future failed proposal wrestling there, dental surgery with no novocaine is better than Raw), the best way someone put it compared to AEW is that AEW is a mix and clash of styles, some that work and some that don’t, while every NXT match is obviously the WWE way. That’s not a knock against the talent, but WWE wants a very specific presentation and it is obvious. And given the lack of compelling stories lately, watching the same match over and over and over and over and over is boring. I’m on wrestling hiatus, just watching recaps and clips, and I’m not sure I’ll be tuning into Takeover or HiaC. WWE’s problem is at its very top, and it is souring me on something I’ve enjoyed for nearly 5 decades.

I remember how much of a flop it was when they tried to make Steve Austin “The Million Dollar Champion.”

They won’t do this, but it’d be funny if Grimes won the match, got the Million Dollar Belt, and then the glass breaking sound effect goes off and Steve Austin comes out. He stands in front of Grimes and tells him, “Dude, you just squashed your own career.” Then he gives Grimes the Stunner and walks away, shaking his head.

Grimes goes on to suffer humiliations galore, and comes to the realization the belt is cursed. He has to go to Mordor to throw the evil belt in the lava.

Grimes travelling to Mordor (or whatever equivalent they can get by the Tolkien estate) would be the most entertaining thing on NXT.

Nah, he would have to throw it in a volcano and would use the one attached to rainforest cafe at Disney springs

AEW Dark Taz/Excalibur moment of the day

Chaos Project (Luther and Serpentico) vs Billy and Colton Gunn

Luther frequently throws Serpentico at their opponents, which is usually more to Serpentico’s detriment. Bill Gunn no-sold the attack, then bodyslammed Colton onto Serpentico.

Ex: Oh, a little Chaos Project offense!
Taz: I wouldn’t mind slamming Hook (his son) once in a while.
Ex: (guffaws)
Taz: It’s nice to be able to slam your son and get paid for it. That’s some good stuff right there, I’m tellin’ ya.
Ex: Welcome to AEW Dark Therapy. I’m your host Excalibur, with our patient Taz.

Soooo did William Regal retire from the GM position? Or he’s just not going to be on camera anymore? That didn’t make much sense

I think it was more of a way to make Samoa Joe’s return exciting. If Regal actually retired, WWE would have spammed the news everywhere.

wow heres one for ya… I think drew macintyre’s gpnna be out for a few
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/mcintyre-s-back-is-all-messed-up-after-hell-in-a-cell/ar-AALfTiL?ocid=msedgntp

and here’s an analysis of hell in a cell
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma_ufc/bianca-belair-shines-at-wwes-hell-in-a-cell/ar-AALfTUu?ocid=msedgntp

Whoda thought Mothman would be the modern-day Eros. I wonder if the Flying Spaghetti Monster also gets proposed in front of?

Ruby Riott will now be performing as Ruby Soho in the indies. She apparently mentioned in a recent interview that she got her WWE name from the song Ruby Soho by Rancid, and subsequently Rancid got in touch with her and gave her the OK to use that name for herself and the song as her entrance music.

A shame WWE couldn’t figure out what to do with her, but it seems that once Rhea Ripley made it to the main roster the idea of booking two punk rock girls was too complicated for them.

I remember Ruby’s first match on NXT against Nikki Cross. I thought she was supposed to be enhancement talent, because she came out of the blue and had no intro videos or anything. It turned out to be an awesome match between two feisty bitches and I wanted more of her.

Then she got called up, and I knew she’d get buried. Vince does not want the indie spirit.

Another round of cuts today. Most notable is probably Tyler Breeze and Fandango.

Although I gotta say, once again, none of the releases really affect me at all and it won’t affect the product either.

Who I really feel bad for in this round of releases is Tino Sabbatelli. He was released last April, worked one match for AEW in October, was immediately offered his job back by WWE, and then got released again today without having ever appeared on TV again. That’s what loyalty gets you these days.

They’ve been letting go office workers too. This is like what happens when there’s a merger. I think WWE is about to be sold.

You wouldn’t be the first person to make that speculation lately.

I think the big question is which of Vince’s sugar daddies will be making the purchase - Comcast, Disney, or Mohammed bin Salman?

WWE.com released its video list of John Cena’s top 10 rivals, and Edge is a mere #2 to Randy Orton. No Seth Rollins. No CM Punk. Bullshit.

It won’t be, but man Disney would be hilarious, give me lucha Donald!

It’s been done, sort of. How about Donald as Panchito’s cornerman? (Sorry I couldn’t find an English version.)