Anybody like Chanh muối?

You know, salty lemonade? The vietnamese drink?

It’s made with lemons, sugar, salt, water, and ice. All ingredients I like. A lot. Heck, I love my vegemite and marmite, pickled lemons, along with treacle and shots of lemon juice. I thought this would be one slam-dunk delicious drink, when I ordered it at my local Pho eatery.
It wasn’t. :frowning:

I haven’t tried their salty plum juice drink yet; I’m not sure I’m looking forward to that now.

The soul plum soda stuff is great, but I’m not sure if it’s an acquired taste. I’m curious as to how a person who hasn’t grown up with asian style preserved/pickled/salted/dried fruit takes to it though!

It’s not my favorite. Have you tried rau má? That’s pretty good. I also love cà phê sữa đá. It’s the only kind of coffee I like at all.

I’m going to Vietnam in 10 days! I know that’s not relevant to the thread, but I’m excited!

Lemonade with salt? Isn’t that yellow Gatorade?

No way! Would people waste all that money on Gatorade if they could just add salt to lemonade? Gatorade’s got electrolytes!

I’m cool with gatorade, another reason I thought I’d like the salty lemon drink.

But damn, it was like drinking lemony seawater! I’m pretty sure a liquid intake of nothing but this stuff would lead to net dehydration pretty quick.

I didn’t know that was a thing. I added (a little) salt to a homemade lemon and lime 'ade last month, and it was delish. Like a virgin margarita. My husband did not concur, however. More for me!

You have a local Pho joint? How local? Because I want one, too!

South side of Sheboygan, Pho V N

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/284/1792974/restaurant/Pho-VN-Sheboygan

My plans for Saturday just changed.

Somehow one place in San Diego was able to get the name, “Phở King”. Probably because whoever is responsible for approving business names didn’t know “phở” is pronounced “fuh”.

I like treacle.

Anyone ever tried rose water in an Indian restaurant? I ordered some one time, thinking that it couldn’t possibly be what I thought it was. Sure enough, they brought me a glass of what was basically carbonated perfume. Smelled great but tasted awful.