Anyone else fill up your shot card?

Huh. I though the cards were standard and universal - mine has room for 6 entries - 4 on the front where my name and DOB is, and 2 on the back side. Sounds like there are variations of the cards (so, I have two more empty spots to fill).

Smart! Flu shots don’t usually bother me so I would just get them whenever the nurse showed up at work. The first couple of covid shots put me to bed the following day but I could have worked if I wasn’t retired. I wouldn’t have been happy, but I would have made it through the day. Both shingles shots kicked my butt hard, work would not have happened, I was barely able to get myself to the bathroom.

My arm isn’t sore, I slept on it last night, but I try to move my arm a lot after a shot to help spread the vaccine around. This always seems to help with the soreness after getting shots.

That sounds like mine, but the first shot giver put the date I needed my second on on the back which filled up a line.

I bribed some family members in CA to get their shots and their cards looked like mine and yours it seems. I’m kinda surprised to hear of the variety as well.

Though the pharmacist thought I was risking TWO sore arms, I had him put one in each arm. I was just curious if one or both would be sore and for how long. (I’ve had varied reactions to the covid shots and boosters.)

For the record, the old-person flu shot (left arm) had no soreness at all. The latest covid shot (right arm) was moderately sore for a couple of days.

EDIT. This was supposed to be a reply to JaneDoe42’s BTW at the end of her OP. I guess I didn’t do it right.

In my case, the first two (original covid shots) were recorded on printed labels that took up most of the space on the front of the card. All the subsequent shots have been handwritten.

The back of the first card was used to remind me to come back for the second shot and that took up a line with the date and time of the appt. on it. The second line was never used.

Mine is like that, but (as others have said) they’d used one of the lines on the back to write in the date that I needed to return for my second shot; so there were only five lines available for the actual shots.

I suspect the way the cards were filled in varied by area, as well as the cards themselves.

That seemed to be the standard way they were doing it here; when I said ‘one in each arm’ he said something like ‘yes, that’s what I was going to do.’

Thanks for the reminder. I’m getting my booster Monday- finally- and I need to dig out my card. The pharmacy that I trust didn’t have the updated boosters until just recently.

It’s funny how we react to different vaccines. Covid 1-3 knocked me on my butt for 12 hours, 4th shot was a nothing burger. I had Shingrix and Prevnar last month with the smallest of side effects.

We don’t have vaccine cards for Covid in Ontario, we get electronic receipts for each and you can download a PDF with all your shots. When I got shot #4 in May in Florida, I received a CDC card which I uploaded to the local health unit and they updated the records for me so my Ontario records show everything.

I have a second and a third card. Not because I ran out of space, but because I kept stupidly forgetting to bring it with me to get it updated when I got a new vaxx. They’d just give me a new card with the most recent info filled out and told me to staple it to the previous card(s).

But I’m in California and can download my vaxx record to Apple wallet, so the cards stay in our safe and I can always show my phone to anyone who asks. Nobody ever has.

I have a totally full card currently after I upgraded to my bivalent 3 weeks ago (4 doses). I’m still on my original card, because I just keep a close up photo on my phone, and no place I’ve been in the past 2 years cares. -sadness-

My vax station was largely empty, which is additional sadness, and they were very pleased that not only my wife and I were there, but that we’d already gone with hybrid on the prior booster (we’re pfizer - pfizer - moderna - pfizer now, because the one moderna kicked my wife’s ass).

My state does have an online/app confirmation option, but it works horribly, so after much efforts to get it working, I’m with the photo option. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, I’ll fill mine up to 5 tomorrow.

First vaccine Pfizer, second vaccine Pfizer, first booster Moderna, second booster, Pfizer, and tomorrow’s bivalent will be another Pfizer. Every one causes side effects that are days-long misery. These shots make me sicker than most illnesses I’ve endured. I have no idea why. I dread getting them and hope we have no need of another booster for awhile. Moderna was slightly worse than Pfizer, but not by much. Will hopefully be better by Monday.

Sorry to hear that. My wife is similar, with feeling horrible / very ill for about 36 hours after each pfizer dose - and over 72 hours with moderna. Meanwhile, she makes me spoil her a bit since I normally just get the sore arm and slightly tired feeling for 12 hours.

(even though I spoil her, she’s also really sorry for feeling bad and not doing anything for a few days, because she’s a truly nice person unlike me)

The thing is, she’s super pro vaccine, and intellectually understands and agrees with the need, but her experiences have been so bad that much like Aspenglow she’s at the Dread stage. I don’t want to know how many people have bad symptoms and therefore refused to boost out of a completely understandable if comparatively short sighted desire to avoid it.

I am so sorry for folks who have such a bad reaction. Even the first shot, which was Moderna and did make me feel like crap…wasn’t that bad.

Folks who have such a bad reaction have also had enough jabs in a fairly short period of time that their lizard brain has connected the two and invokes the fight or flight response just thinking about it.

That really has to suck.

It does, but I just tell myself that if the shots are this bad, imagine getting the damn disease. And I stop my whining. :wink: (Mostly.)

And bringing us back to the point of the thread, my hat’s off to my wife, Aspenglow, and all the others that STILL filled up their cards despite a bad experience!

You can whine all you want as long as you keep getting your shots!!

Next time you come out this way, be sure to make time to stop over and I’ll give you a bottle of mead and a nice piece of cheese, good cheese and wine is always a nice compliment to whining.

I agree @ParallelLines and I’d ship a treat to your wife if I thought it would survive the process. (homemade consumables are often too fragile for the shippers).

You should have had a Corona.

You need to go to your room and think about what you did!

1 Tequila, 2 Tequila, 3 Tequila, Floor!

Got my booster 4 weeks ago–wife has had Covid for 3 so it’s working. Shot card is onto the backside.

You are both very kind and lovely people. (Which I already knew!)

I will definitely keep getting my jabs as we are directed to do. I got my flu shot last week and suffered a mini-reaction for it, now ready to take on the COVID one. Then maybe a respite for awhile!

@JaneDoe42, I will for sure make time to see you and let you know when I’m next headed down your way. Thanks for the invitation – we’ll have a fine time, fueled with your wonderful cheese and mead!

My state maintains a vaccine database and you can get your document from them, but they only programmed their fields for 4 shots. They’re “working on it.”