Anyone else freaking hate Caillou?

I’ll try to keep this out of the Pit. But if it goes it goes.

Any of you know about this Caillou
peckerwood?

I have a 3 1/2 year old Grandson and he loves this slop. When our kids were growing up the worst we had to deal with was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

First of all, is Caillou on Chemotherapy or what? Why does he have Charlie
Browns haircut?

And his overly mellow mom and pussywimp dad. How much Valium are they on a day? Nobody with little kids is that calm all the time.
But the voice! That annoying voice! No sound has irritated me this much since Spinner on the old Clutch Cargo show!

Jebus Cripes!:mad:

Is there anyone over 4 who doesn’t?

I was going to say 3, but, yeah…I’m pretty sure everybody outside Caillou’s target demographic hates him.

That’s what I was thinking. But let’s see how long it takes before someone comes in here and flames my ass over this thread.

That person would not be me, though I’m usually the first or second to say, “Well, you’re not in its target demographic.” I hate it and I’ve only see ads for it because I could see instantly it was part of that Canadian conspiracy to suck all of the life and entertainment value out of children’s cartoons, like The Care Bears and everything shown on Qubo.

Oh God yes, I hate that bastard. My older kids have outgrown him, but I have a 1 year old I will try to avoid him with. One thing I figured out is that because it was done in Canada, it is created to be dubbed into both French and English which causes the mouth motions to be a bit off, adding to the annoyance level. Max and Ruby also suck.

Right up there with Barney, Dora the Explorer and Captain Planet.

Strange because I liked Blues Clues and the Teletubbies.

Although our favorite was Bobby’s World.

To lessen the pain, I used to add my own narration in Grandma’s voice:

Caillou was sad because daddy put Gilbert in the blender

My sentiments exactly. I can sit through a lot of children’s/toddler programing because it makes my son happy and we’re not watching it for my benefit. Caillou isn’t one of those programs. Happily, my son shows little interest in it.

I’m stealing that and you can’t stop me!

Caillou touches that magic nerve that makes you want to punch someone in the face (my wife overheard me saying this to the iPad, and she finished my sentence with ‘throat’).

Dora’s cool.

I did the same thing! Caillou succumbed to his cancer a lot.

It’s a performance art piece.

Caillou is suffering a terrible disease so his lesbian parents, in an effort to make his last few months bearable tolerate his whiny awfulness.

The real villain, however, is you the viewer who doesn’t appreciate the struggles the family are going through. Shame on you.

My kid loves it as well. I think it’s because of the primary colours and big round heads.

Guess what is playing right now? Even 8 year olds occasionally go through a watching the whinny little shit phase.

I really hate Wonder Pets. Especially the duck with the lispy voice. For Mao’s sake, kids programs should not promote pronunciation problems.

If that little fucker was an actual living, breathing child I would be sickened at the thoughts I have about the multitude of ways I want to cave in his fucking head.

Seeing as he’s not real however, I can continue these fantasies unabated and without guilt.

Calliou doesn’t bother me, though I have heard that this is weird. I guess I’m not paying close enough attention.

I don’t like Calliou or Max and Ruby
Ruby is a total bitch to her little brother Max

OK - I just checked Wikipedia and clearly there is a lesson here…

Caillou, Max & Ruby, The Berenstain Bears, Big Comfy Couch, Care Bears, The F’in DOODLEBOPS?!
The list goes on and on…

Canadians are EVIL!

I’ve been telling you people that for years. I’m glad others are beginning to see it. And what do I get for my sins? The past two weeks of calling every last shitty, little mineral company in Calgary, with occasional outings to Edmonton and Saskatoon, then calling them again the next day because I usually get someone’s voicemail. As I am a telemarketer, I may be doing God’s work by punishing them here on Earth, but the people getting punished are mostly me and their receptionists.

Why would you let your child watch a show about a kid who throws tantrums?
Max and Ruby are awful.