Anyone else hearing a lot more fireworks this summer?

Ugh. I can’t imagine what former military personnel suffering from PTSD are going through.

I heard them last night after 2am. Who does that after 2am!?

Rural western Oregon here. And yeah, it feels like something is up. If there is a Q connection, you can bet some of my neighbors will be all over it.

Someone was setting off those super loud bomb-sounding things a couple weeks ago on a Saturday night, went on for about an hour every few minutes. Made my little dog quite nervous, and I was grateful that my fidgety border collie died a couple years ago so wasn’t around to endure it. I could see the flashes from my place, but I couldn’t identify which neighbor was causing the distress.

Last week another neighbor came by to mow my pastures. He was closer to the action so I asked him about it. He chuckled and told me which neighbor was firing them off. Guy lives nearly a mile away from me.

We’ve had a particularly wet spring so no fire danger. Yet. But this is the season that scares me most here.

The Atlantic took this on:

My dachshund will be grateful when the neighbors find something else to do.

I’m in southeastern PA, small town.

Oops, I forgot about this thread, and posted about this in IMHO.

Anyway, there I mentioned that I saw some conspiracy theorizing that this was happening more near minority areas, and that it was a concerted effort by the powers that be to cow the currently protesting populace (to be followed by water and electricity shenanigans). I was wondering how widespread it was, because it wasn’t limited to urban areas, then that might make the theory less likely. On the other hand, it could also be folks taking advantage of a larger trend…

Maybe someone should borrow a sound truck and blast “Baby Shark” and “Call Me Maybe” at 7 a.m. when the perpetrators are trying to sleep. Kind of a scorched earth approach.

I take it you are not a party to the Geneva Convention…?

Here in the Seattle area summer starts July 5th, so I’ll let you know then what the firework situation is like in the summer.

Right now we are in the 10 month season of “rain” still, and there have been more fireworks in my area in the last few weeks (I mentioned something to my wife about it a couple weeks ago).

There are big new signs here reminding people that owning, possessing, storing, or shooting off fireworks is illegal. I just heard four big boomers go off. I don’t think people are impressed by the signs.

Shitload of fireworks here in western Michigan. People are bored, cooped up, hot, and lookin’ to blow shit up.

In fact, I heard a bunch go off last night right exactly at 4:20 a.m. so I guess some insomniac stoners were celebrating.

Last night a couple of fireworks barges showed up outside my apartment along the Hudson River. Planned obviously. Someone told me the Macy’s people were going up and down the Hudson River surprising the towns with fireworks displays (presumably so large crowds wouldn’t have time to gather).

We got new firework laws last year. “Under Iowa law , fireworks are permitted on private property between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. from June 1st through July 8th”" Laws

But they are allowed in some counties, not allowed in others. And cities/towns can have their own rules. And they are allowed for various other holidays, as well.

I’m out in the sticks but last week I got a bit worried at 2 in the afternoon. Bam, Bam, Bam… and then BOOM! I thought maybe someone was shooting a rifle and hit a propane tank. Nope, just testing fireworks.

My dogs were a tiny bit upset but my daughter was moreso. She had her windows open so caught the full effect vs us with windows closed, opposite of where they were set off and AC running.

Philly here, and it is very annoying. People in my ‘hood are a bit spooked following the atm explosions in early June, this has everyone wondering is it harmless or should I stay away from windows.

They’re doing it again. Tonight, at least, they do have a legitimate excuse, but the things are still illegal in this state.

ETA: Now the neighbours on the other side are doing it, too. :angry:

(And why can’t I edit my previous message? It was only four minutes!)

They’ve already started in here, well before sunset. Going to be a rough night of “was that a firework or a gunshot?”. They have some VERY loud stuff this year.

the loud stuff with no lights or anything is home made and just supposed to g oboom… one fool a couple of blocks used to just light quarter sticks of tnt in the middle of the street …

Iowa has a narrow window where they are legal, and I swear, someone near me is indeed setting off explosives, and they’re doing it in daylight! I don’t mind occasional fireworks, but not this.

Our local morons are going at it full-tilt. Air bursts galore. The cat is terrified again and hiding. The laws against fireworks of this sort are all but unenforceable.

I didn’t even put our flag out this year. I’m totally fed up with this country, our government, and the idiots who can’t seem to understand what “pandemic” means. Science is sneered at, healthcare is a joke, and we elected a fucking clown to run the country. Fucking hell.

What? Not in the mood to celebrate becoming a Russian satellite nation?

Me, either. I’ve begun a serious effort to explore emigration.