Anyone else seen every Best Picture winner?

I recently watched the 1945 winner The Lost Weekend, thereby completing my personal challenge to see all 87 Best Picture winners.

Maybe I’ll see how many of the nominees I can see next, although many of the earlier films would be nearly impossible to track down.

Anyone else keep track of this sort of thing?
mmm

So, just how green was that valley?

How did you like “The Lost Weekend”?

I remember being a little disappointed in that film. I guess maybe my expectations were too high.

Here’s a list of the winners and the nominees:

I haven’t seen 23 of the 87, so I’ve see 64 of them. I’m going to count the ones that were just nominated. Actually, I’ve only seen 7 of the 8 just nominated, but I expect to see The Revenant before the Oscars. Congratulations on seeing all 87 (or 86or whatever) so far.

There are 32 Best Picture winners I’ve never seen. That includes most of the very old ones AND most of the very recent ones. I haven’t seen “Cimarron” OR “Hurt Locker.”

I’ve seen 50 of them which is a huge surprise. I would have guessed way fewer.

I have seen 60. Only 8 winners since 2000. I have not been to the movies since 1999.
I enjoyed the The Lost Weekend very much since I am a Ray Milland fan.

I was a tiny bit disappointed as well, for the same reason as you. Still a very good movie, though.
mmm

I’ve only seen eight of the Best Picture winners, plus one of the nominees this year, although I’d be surprised if The Martian wins Best Picture.

I’ve seen 75. The only ones post WWII I haven’t seen are Gentleman’s Agreement, Gigi, and Kramer vs. Kramer.

IMHO, Gentlemen’s Agreement was over-rated. I don’t think you missed much.

One of the very few pictures starring Gregory Peck that wasn’t excellent. I love watching Peck. He’s my idea of a true movie star.

I saw Kramver vs. Kramer but I don’t even remember the details. I don’t think that says very much about that movie.

I am actually very fond of this movie.
mmm

I’ve only seen about 10.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I’ve seen 75. Missed some in the 30s, 2 in the 60s, a couple in the past years.

I assume the old ones are all available on tape or DVD or streaming? Or maybe they were available at some point ?

I’ve seen 28 of them , mostly from the last 40 years or so. Before that the only ones I’ve seen are Casablanca and Citizen Kane.

I’ve seen 66. IMO the worst if them was The English Patient by a long ways, followed by No Country for Old Men.

Based on this list, I nominate 1962 as the best movie year. I’ve actually seen the winner and all the nominees, and they were all excellent.

I’ve seen 48 - doing better than I’ve thought, although they are mostly post-1970. Only a handful of earlier ones.

I have seen all eight of this year’s nominees (saw The Room today) that that’s a lock too.

Room:

The Room:

Every one is available on DVD (that is how I’ve seen them, aside from the ones I caught on the big screen).
mmm