Anyone else sick of Joe Namath insurance TV ads?

I’m Canadian, so I don’t get Joe Namath pitching health insurance. Instead I’m stuck with zero-time Olympic medalist Kurt Browning pitching reverse mortgages.

These commercials are especially annoying when they just assume you know who these sports figures are. Like the three 'roiders living with mom in the Subway ads.

Aw, I’m not Canadian, but I have a soft spot in my heart (my head?) for Kurt Browning. He always blew it in the Olympics. But he was an awesome skater otherwise. He did a TV special that I still remember fondly. There was a whole film noir bit with Kristi Yamaguchi as the femme fatale.

For the record, they’re NFL players, and brothers, J.J., T.J., and Derek Watt, along with their parents. But, yeah, Subway could do a better job of explaining who they are, because they likely aren’t recognizeable or known to anyone who isn’t an avid NFL fan.

For those glorious 1970s when Joe Namath sold pantyhose, O. J. Simpson shilled for rent a car company and William Shatner sold margarine and Loblaws supermarket.

I always wondered by Alex Trebec would sink so low to do ads for a shady insurance company. He reportedly made $10M per year doing Jeopardy.

some very well off US celebs do TV ads overseas with the stipulation they cannot be shown in the US. George Clooney is 1 example at least in the past.

That was the case for a long time (and was central to the plot of the film Lost in Translation), but it seems to be less the case now, as many big-name stars readily appear in ads in the U.S.

Clooney now does ads for Nespresso; Julia Roberts, Charlize Theron, Keira Knightley, and Johnny Depp all do ads for perfumes/colognes, etc.

I guess now for celebs the idea is any ad is fine as long as the check clears.

and not because of him, they ran the ball

not as much as I’m tired of Peyton’s ads

On a semi related note, has Terry Bradshaw always been such a buffoon? I enjoyed seeing him win four Super Bowls, but there seems to be some truth to Hollywood Henderson’s description of him: “Terry couldn’t spell “cat” if you spot him the C and the A.”

It’s difficult to tell if it’s a persona he’s adopted, or if that’s the real Terry, but yeah, he’s been doing the slightly-slow Southern guy schtick since the '70s or '80s.

They are still bad . And way too many drug ads. CNN is unwatchable now. I assume MSNBC is the same. Don’t watch Fox news.

When they ask you for your zip code to see if you qualify, they are just trying to locate the nearest scam doctor in your area.

Check YA ZIP CODE!

Two years since my last post and he’s still there, and I’m still sick of him.

Do you mean ‘ell-idge-uh-bull’? Seriously, how hard is it to say ‘eligible’?

Also, I hate how whiny he is.

Now THAT would definitely be amusing to watch. Might even get a few more sales.

They’re not quite as annoying as the Jimmy Walker ads for Medicare benefits, ads that are probably misleading if not downright bullshit.

Dy-no-mite!!