Anyone else sick of Joe Namath insurance TV ads?

He’s on my TV more than Bloomberg was back when he was running. More then Law and Order reruns. CNN seems to run 3 or more per hour. Maybe he gets paid for every ad that runs like TV show actors.

I can’t change the channel fast enough.

The good news is that those ads are for Medicare plans, and the Annual Enrollment Period for Medicare ends on December 7th – the huge number of ads for various Medicare plans that are on TV right now will largely go away on the 8th.

Yeah, they’re obnoxious, as are the Bill Shatner ads and Billy Fucking Graham, Jr.

Does he think waving his hands around will make him more persuasive?

I was sick of Joe Namath back when he was playing football. Now, even more.

I’m sick of ol’ Joe and his too-large teeth.

But not as sick as I am of the Braxtons and Love After Lockup and Growing Up Hiphop endless commercials.

Don they endlessly advertise Law and Order during the Braxtons?

He’s not the only football player. I’ve seen ads with “Iron Mike” Ditka and Joe Theismann, too.

you look at his stats and they are not really HOF quality. 50% completion, more Ints than TDs I guess winning a SB and playing in NYC helps a lot. He did not get in on his first time eligible.

When’s the last time anyone called him “Broadway Joe”?

I saw one of these ads, only one time, with Kelsey Grammer in it. He was trying very hard to be sincere and dignified, but all I could think about was how low he had sunk, and doesn’t he have enough money that he doesn’t need to do that? Or did he get taken to the cleaners yet again by yet another trophy wife?

you mean “pa-lay-ing” football, of course

I was thinking today as I saw yet another insurance commercial that it would have been hard to imagine the guy in the white fur coat selling insurance back at the time he was a counter-culture icon (compared to flat-topped Johnny U)

Basically, he did one really cool thing. The Jets were big underdogs in the Super Bowl against the Colts, he called it that the Jets would prevail, and they did.

“I took the miracle spring water and God appeared to me and told me Peter Popoff was an evil fraud. Also I got a check for $1500.”

I happened to see Mr. Namath shilling on TV just yesterday. I don’t watch commercial TV on my own, so it was the first time I had ever seen the ad, and it was the first time in many years I had seen Mr. Namath.

Did you see his ears? They’re enormous!

https://www.google.com/search?q=joe+namath+2020&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjD6s7Xv6vtAhWiKn0KHZDJB9AQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=Joe+Namath+2&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQARgAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgYIABAIEB4yBggAEAgQHjIGCAAQCBAeMgYIABAIEB4yBggAEAgQHjIECAAQGDoECAAQHjoGCAAQChAYOgUIABCxA1CJJlikfWCAjgFoAHAAeACAAXiIAaIFkgEDMC42mAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=ZIrFX8OoHaLV9AOQk5-ADQ&bih=1005&biw=1920&hl=en#imgrc=jKuY9FcF-CC6eM&imgdii=UHWH9oZyuovqeM

I dunno. Maybe if he put some pantyhose on?

I’ve heard he goes away if you tell him it was just vapor lock.

I think Joe Namath resembles Shemp Howard.

I remember an ad in one of those Skymall magazines, where he appeared as a spokemodel for some investment house. This was before the on-screen meltdown with Suzy Kolber, so I guess there were still some people willing to hand their money over to an ex-jock who wouldn’t have been doing such ads if he actually knew how to manage money.

this website was created but is now inactive

Kelsey Grammer has been married to his 4th wife since 2011. He has 7 kids , 3 are still under 18.