Anyone else watching "Lost In Space" on Netflix?

I just binged on the second season, and loved it. “Dr. Smith” got the character development that was missing in the first season, all the characters grew a bit…and the best spaceship mod ever. I hope there is a third season.

Older thread.

I haven’t gotten around to season 2 yet.

Agree that it had got into its groove a lot better than the first season. I re-watched Season 1 a while ago because I thought I might have treated it unfairly as a too-novel take on a childhood favourite. It was not quite hitting a consistent note or knowing what it wanted to do. That’s largely resolved with the second series.

It is quite lush on the screen and beautiful to look at. The main cast are improving and becoming more complex characterisations but the B-list is still pretty cardboard. The Robinson kids are less annoying wunderkinder, and I’m really enjoying Ignacio Serricchio as Don West.

I’m enjoying season 2 a lot so far. I also loved the spaceship mod. I never really liked the original Lost in Space much, so this is a vast improvement for me.

I’m really liking it. Yeah, S1 had some teething issues, but it was still good. S2 is even better.

I liked it. Although it can be a bit sappy at times.

It’s like they’re trying to be dark and sappy at the same time. Not sure that works.

I didn’t bother with the first season because the reviews really made it sound kind of meh, and it didn’t exactly stoke my interest when the first review that I read about the second season declared it to be “aggressively fine.” (On a side note, I quite like the ring of that phrase, and will probably steal it the next time I want to damn something with faint praise.) But I suppose there’s no harm in at least giving the show a look.

Watched Season 1 and enjoyed it. Will watch Season 2 ASAP.

Just finished season 2. I thought it was better than season 1, but it still had several head-scratching moments for me. And damn, can’t these Robinsons catch a break? They’ve gotta be exhausted, what with having emergencies every hour or so.

I keep being a bit surprised that they’ve still got all the other colonists around. I suppose they’re never going to get the “isolated family” vibe of the original series.

I hate Dr. Smith. I realize the character was in the original series, but every minute she’s on screen feels like chewing tin foil.

I do like the adventure and action. The special effects are pretty good. I like all of the other characters. I would recommend this with the reservation that the Dr. Smith storylines are really frustrating. I would have airlocked her (or marooned her) a long time ago.

That was true of the original Dr. Smith true. But the Robinsons just aren’t the kind of people to leave her behind or make her breath vacuum.

Forget Doctor Smith–they need to space Will Robinson. Sure, Smith murdered a person or two, but Will Robinson awakened an army of vengeful robots and led to the destruction of the Resolute. The people who thought it was a bad idea to allow him to take Scarecrow to the planet were right.

Just completed season 2. Nice cliffhanger.

It is surprising just how many disasters befall the Robinsons, while everyone else on the Resolute just seems to cruise through life unhindered.

I am still impressed by the kids performances, though this time Will was a bit too earnest and bordered on over-acting, a common child actor tendency. Penny’s still my favourite.

Mine, too. She is much more of a core character than in the original show, where she was barely more than a guest star. (She got the plot center in the “Mister echo” episode–anything else?)

And yes, the Very Serious Life-Threatening Crisis in every episode is really tedious. The show could do with at least a tiny amount of camp.

I’m halfway through season 2. The cloying sappiness is the reason I haven’t yet finished the season.

I liked the second season okay. I found Smith easier to take this season and actually felt a bit of sympathy for her this time around. I found Penny a little annoying though.

Mine, too. Fact is, as dear Angela is my age and I’d had a crush on her since Make Room for Daddy, she was the only reason I watched. Will and that robot both belonged in the cornfield.

This is actually becoming a problem for me. I’m getting frustrated with everything breaking, failing, collapsing around them. For fuck’s sake, I wish the writers would just let something work for a change.

This is making the show more predictable, not less. No real spoiler here, but in Ep 2, two characters were climbing a ladder, desperate to avoid approaching [bad thing]. And of course, exactly at the moment I predicted it (out loud), one of them slipped. Wow, who could’ve seen that coming? :rolleyes:

I’ve reached a breaking point personally, and have turned it off for awhile. The constant disasters, coupled with barely making it (through the hatch / in the door / out of the way), a mere instant before the disaster arrives is getting old.

To each their own I guess. But it seems more writers (books and movies) are going for the constant stream of barely avoided disasters to the point it’s become annoying.

I think he meant Mina Sundwall Penny, not Angela Cartwright Penny. But did you notice that Cartwright played Smith’s mother in one of the first 2 or 3 episodes of this season?

When I was in the middle of the first season, and my wife asked me if it was any good, I said, “No. Seems like every episode has at least one thing that’s so badly done, so stupid, so nonsensical that I actually yell at the TV. And just when I decide to stop watching, something really awesome or cool or well-done happens, and I decide to stick with it after all.”

Season 2 didn’t have any yell-at-the-TV moments, but it didn’t have the awesomely cool, well-done parts either.

(Admittedly, one of those things was the design of the robot, which I’m used to now.)