Anyone get a survey from the NRA?

It’s kind of odd. I do own guns, but I’ve never contacted the NRA. Nor do I get any gun publications. I don’t hunt, or belong to any shooting clubs. I target shoot on my own private property.

I sent the NRA an email about it. I’m just sort of surprised. My mailing address is different than my home address. I’m just a little surprised to receive the survey. Perhaps my Father put my name down, but I doubt it. I don’t think he belongs to the NRA. [Seinfeld]Not that there is anything wrong with that[/Seinfeld]

All of my guns are hand me downs. 10-20 years old purchased in another state before I even had this address.

Data is data. But I generally play things pretty close to my chest when it comes to my address and interests.

Anybody else get one of these NRA surveys? It clearly stated that “As a Gun owner…”

I get a survey every once in awhile, and the occasional NRA “OMG Hillary Clinton and her Democrats wanna take your guns!!!1!!1” membership drive/survey phone call.

I am not a gun owner (or NRA member), but I do support the second amendment. I don’t know where they got my address or phone number, but if I had to guess… maybe from my Reason magazine subscription? Or something like that.

Also, maybe you are listed somewhere as a registered Republican/Libertarian? Who knows. They certainly try to target their audience, but maybe they just used a shotgun (heh) approach and mass mailed the “As a gun owner” surveys hoping to get a few hits.

Unaffiliated myself. The only magazines we get are National Geo, and some running and triathlon magazines.

But, yes I suppose it is a ‘shotgun’ approach.

It’s a very yes/no type of survey. Would the NRA not include answers that don’t support gun ownership? Maybe I’m being naive, but I don’t think so.

Gotta look at the questions are worded too. Surveys and data collectors can predict outcomes.

:shrug:

Kind of interesting though. My mailing address is in one of the most democratic counties in Colorado. Though I live in one of the most conservative counties in Colorado.

It’s a bit odd. The way that the survey is worded, I really, really doubt that it would be sent to anyone that is not ‘pro’ gun. I am ‘pro’ gun but will almost certainly vote democratic for other reasons.

Buy any ammunition or supplies at a gun shop or online recently? Retailers are fairly likely o sell their customer information. Or know someone more into gun culture who might have filled out a little card at a gun show to have “information” sent to a friend?