Anyone late to work Monday morning because of DST?

I was. My cell phone adjusted to the time, and I changed all the other clocks. But my cellphone, which I use as my alarm clock, didn’t work right. The signal strength kept alternating between all the bars and “Searching for Service”, and other things were weird. Turns out one of them was that the alarms didn’t sound even though the display showed their time coming and going.

So I didn’t wake up on time Monday.

I pulled the battery and replaced it a few minutes later and everything cleared up.

The DST bug nailed me…

I showed up later than usual, a few minutes after nine even. Not really because of DST, just decided that I wanted to sleep in. (Love that flex-time! :D)

Of couse, now it’s 7:00 am EDT tuesday morning, and I’ve been at work for 40 minutes.

sigh

No, but I care that I’m asleep. Even with DST, the summer sky is bright by six in the morning, and unless I want to seal my room (which I don’t in summer), it’s going to make it a little harder to sleep. Without DST, it’d be completely light by 5am, and I don’t think I’d like that particularly much - I’m a shift worker, and don’t generally go to sleep before 1am or so.

For most people, DST is all about the evening. For me, it’s dark by the time I leave work (10pm) regardless, but it’s the mornings that matter.
Oh yes, and it fades the curtains. :smiley:

DST really screwed up my sleep schedule. Starting yesterday, I switched my hours from 5 8hr shifts to 4 10 hr shifts. Actually, since we’re busy, I switched from 6 8’s to 5 10’s. So, I had to wake up 1.5 hrs early due to shift change and another hour due to DST.

Basically, I went from waking up at 7:00 AM to waking up at 4:30 AM. It really didn’t help that I was up till about 3:00 AM on sat and slept in on Sun.

I was pretty much a zombie at work yesterday.

I must say I love that about living where I live - midsummer, the sky’s not totally dark until 11 or later :slight_smile: Canada Day fireworks have to start at 10 because the sun’s just setting around then.

Yes, you high latitude folks are spoiled rotten with that, you lucky buggers. A British friend of mine says one of his favourite things was to spend a summer evening in a beer garden outside a pub in the far north of Scotland so he could drink and chat over a sunset that lasted forever.

On the other hand, my first visit to SE Asia had me looking forward to seeing those postcard tropical sunsets. Yes, they were impressive, but blink and you miss it! It was like somebody turning out a light.

So we capture sunlight in the mornings, store it in our clocks, and let it out during the evening? Now it all makes sense :rolleyes: .