Apparently, My Whistling Is Racist

Can you do the Piccollo solo? Because it’s nothing without the piccollo solo.

(By the way, given that you don’t use your vocal chords while whistling, the REAL challenge is to sing and whistle at the same time, hopefully in harmony with yourself… my mom can sing and whistle “Row Row Row Your Boat” in a round.)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I just gave that a try. Now I have to figure out how to dislodge my tongue from the base of my windpipe.

Is it unusual that my whistling range is a bit smaller than, and lower than, my singing range?

That part I’ve got down. Breathing through my ears is still being worked on. :stuck_out_tongue:

'Fraid not. I use a piano arrangement because it’s the only sheet music I’ve seen. I don’t think I can whistle that high, anyway.

Huh?

Whistling while inhaling is the key to winning the whistle-with-crackers-in-your-mouth competition. It’s easy!

That’s actually an interesting question. You should start a GQ thread.

Hal, I have found that pretty much whatever you do, someone somewhere will be offended by it.

It’s the choking-on-aspirated-cracker-bits that’s hard to get past!

When I read it, all I could think of was Camptown Ladies after the singing skit in “Blazing Saddles”*. I had that tune stuck in my head the rest of the day.
*I can never remember if “songs” go in " " and Movies get the I or what.

Camptown Ladies sing this song, doo dah, doo dah

Whistle along!

If this is still stuck in my head five minutes from now (and I can practically guarantee you it will be), you’ll be on my list.

…although I’ll be singing it with a Foghorn Leghorn accent.

Can I request Jay-Z’s “Brush Your Shoulders Off?” The Gray Album version.

I’m glad everything worked out for you. I’ve definately had “Afro-senitive” days too, so I can kinda see where your co-worker was coming from.

The Horst Wessel Song would qualify, but I’ve no idea how many people can (a) whistle it or (b) recognise it when someone else does… though I have a vague memory of there being some hoo-ha over here a few months ago when it got played, just as general “band music with a military flavour”, as somebody did recognise it. :smack:

My father was in charge of the acolytes at his church, and was putting them through their paces, with emphasis on keeping them all in step. So the training was: raise your right foot, hold it, place it down, repeat with the left foot. So there they are, happy little acolytes, goose-stepping in slo-mo, and my dad decides to whistle a tune to indicate the processional’s pace. His choosing?
Deutschland, über Alles. Earned him a dark look from the priest. :stuck_out_tongue:

Papa Haydn’s “Austrian Hymn”. Nothing wrong with that :smiley: