Are You Voting For Your Guy Or Against The Other Guy? Be Honest.

I detest Romney and the fraudulent, Republican narrative he represents, but I’m voting for Obama.

Both. Romney is advised by neo-conservative dead-enders on foreign policy: he passed over the Scowcroft wing of the party. GWBush at least hired Rice and Powell who were of more centrist orientation. Romney’s tax numbers don’t add up and seem destined to lead to long run deficits. His base is detached from reality and science.

Obama faced record obstruction from the Republicans and yet his first 2 years had greater accomplishments than any President after Roosevelt.* Long run deficit reduction via the ACA. Financial reform, student loan reform. The end of insurance recission: if you pay your bills, insurance companies can’t yank coverage. Credit card reform.

So yeah, Obama is my guy.

• No, I’m not comparing 1st 2 years vs. 8 years: I’m comparing the first 2 years of every Presidency.

Mostly against Romney. He’s the reason why they invented the term “empty suit.”

This. I like Obama just fine, and Romney isn’t bad. I just can’t vote for where the republican party is going. They’re turning into a bunch of lunatics.

Maybe he will just let them starve…that should solve that problem,but encourage them to have more children than they can care for.And maybe, like some of the bishops and Cardinals of the RC tell their people they have to vote their Catholic beliefs and try to force their ideas into law by playing on their peoples guilt, and fears of eternal suffering?What happened to separation of Church and State?

Which is to fire Congress and offshore jobs? Mitt’s business experience shows that he knows what is best to make money for Mitt, not what creates prosperity for everyone. It’s not like he created a business that makes things or employs large number of people. Asset stripping is not really an “economic growth” kind of industry.

Yeah, what a slacker.

Not trying to attack you, I’ve just never come across someone who both likes Obama, and thinks Romney isn’t bad…it’s kind of strange to me. I can understand how someone likes Obama just fine, and I can understand (kind of) how someone thinks Romney isn’t bad, but not both. If you wouldn’t mind I’m just curious:

-Do you watch/read a lot of news, and where do you get your news?
-How is Romney not bad, for example do you think his business experience will be what we need to kick start this economy or something (I hear this one a lot).

I’m not trying to attack you it’s just I don’t encounter people who like both candidates ever.

Against the absolute failure and incompetent current Head Stupid of the Government and for my girl Roseanne Bar. That crazy bitch would make a better president than Barry O. by light years.

I’m voting for my guy, which means voting against both of the other guys.

I will admit that living in California does mean that I have the freedom to vote according to my convictions while basking in the knowledge that it will make absolutely no difference in the outcome of the election.

It’s rather liberating, really :slight_smile:

Voting for Obama and against the Republican.

I voted for Romney, mostly because of the kind of thing Absolute mentions. Romney is a good candidate, one of the better ones since Bush 41. We would survive (I hope) if Obama is re-elected, but we would do better if Romney pulls it off.

I am still hoping Romney is elected, rather than expecting it, but he has a shot.

And the meltdowns in the Pit if Romney is elected would be epic.

Regards,
Shodan

Let’s see… My boy Barry repealed DADT, killed Osama Bin Laden, ended the war in Iraq and passed a really good start to healthcare reform. Mittens can’t keep his story straight from one speech to the next and the only thing he seems consistent on is his complete abhorrence of womens’ and gay rights.

So, both of the above.

I could sit here and list all the good things Obama has done and all the reasons why he has been a good president and why he would continue to be a good president in the next four years. But that would be dishonest, because i honestly do not care. My positive feelings for Obama and the Democrats are a pale shadow of my burning hatred for the Republican party and everything they stand. I think Obama is a good president, i think he has the potential to be a great one but i would vote for ANYBODY who had any hope of keeping the Republicans out of power. There is nothing more important for this country right now than that.

Both. Obama’s probably the best President of my lifetime, which runs back to Eisenhower. (LBJ would be best if not for Vietnam.) He’s done a creditable (if less than ideal, from a librul perspective) job of keeping us from going into a major depression, and guiding us out again. He’s passed a near-universal health care bill. He’s gotten rid of DADT. He’s gotten the Democratic Party to somehow not be afraid of standing up for gay marriage and abortion rights. He’s implemented higher mileage standards for cars. He’s using the EPA’s regulatory power to do things that at least somewhat substitute for a carbon-reduction policy. Bin Laden’s dead; the auto industry is alive. (Gutsy calls, both.)

And a Romney Presidency would be a genuine disaster: his ‘47%’ talk clearly demonstrated that he’s deeply inhaled while watching Fox and listening to Rush, and even if he wasn’t a True Believer, a GOP Congress would hold him to a wingnut agenda. And boy howdy, he’s played the race card like no one since Nixon.

And then there’s his policies:

Cutting Medicaid by 1/3? Disastrous. Voucherizing Medicare? Disastrous. The Ryan budget? Disastrous. His tax cuts? Disastrous. His party’s (and his oft but not always stated) position on abortion and contraception? Disastrous. The possibility that this loon could appoint another couple of Sam Alitos to the Supreme Court, and dozens to the lower courts? Disastrous.

So both for my guy, and against the other guy.

Hell, I thought Gore and Kerry both would have made fine Presidents; it’s been a long time since I had to hold my nose when voting for President.

Against Roseanne.

Mostly for Obama, but maybe 20% against Romney. And that percentage has grown as the campaign has gone on.

I voted for my guy, and my guy won.

For a message board that prides itself on objectivity, this assertion sure does get repeated a lot, without a lot of empirical evidence…

Where do I get my news? Some television and radio, but mostly online sources like the Detroit Free Press online and the Daily Beast. I pick up a bit from my Google home page and Facebook as well. I read The Week regularly. Tend to avoid sources with too much editorializing.

How is Romney not bad? I mean that he isn’t a bad person and I don’t think his presidency would have been a disaster. Hard to say otherwise since he waffled on most political positions he took. I do have problems with his tax policies since they were vague and the numbers didn’t work. His stance on social issues bothered me, but as the culture seems to be changing away from views like his I wasn’t worried about that either. He wouldn’t have been able to do much but slow things down a few years.

I don’t vote for a “guy” I vote for a party. I vote straight Democrat. Politics isn’t about individual candidates, it’s about parties.