Ask the girl who is doing an Intrauterine Insemination

So are we all, and positive prayers as well.

Regards,
Shodan

Have you tried getting drunk and doing it in the back seat of your car? That seems to work for some people. :smiley:

Seriously tho’, good luck to ya’.

Sending out preggy thoughts your way- good luck!

Good luck to you!

Blaaaargh.

That’s…nasty.

IUI went well!

Hubby went in at 10:30 this morning and I helped him produce the product. We went for brunch and shopping and headed back to the clinic at 1:30. We were taken in to a room and I had to identify that the sample had his name and my chart number on it.

I was surprised at how little fluid there was! It was pink, and probably 1/8 of a teaspoon of stuff in the vial. The count was 7 million, which is good, apparently.

I got undressed and up on the table. She put the speculum in and then loaded a very small catheter with the sperm. I was worried she might have trouble getting through my cervix, but thank goodness she didn’t at all! I did cramp quite a bit, but in under a minute it was done. She pulled the speculum and catheter out and told me we were good to go.

I’m still cramping but laying on the couch for the next while while hubby is cleaning the kitchen and cutting me a slice of carrot cake w/ cream cheese icing! I have a visit scheduled with his family this evening so will head out in about an hour and a half.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I’ll keep you updated!

Thinking good swimmy thoughts for you.

Sending positively sticky thoughts your way!

When do you start the preg. tests? (or when will you find out?)

Best of luck! I hope the next two weeks go by quickly and you get your confirmation.
I friend of mine did IUI and now has an amazing little son, may you have the same good fortune!

Sticky thoughts! Sticky thoughts! Sticky thoughts! ~waving fingers at laptop sending sticky vibes through the internet~

good luck

Good luck, and may the next two weeks go quickly.

Good luck! I’m really glad you posted this, as I’m about to start my second month of Clomid (50mg the first month and I didn’t even ovulate - I’m taking Norethin right now to get my period started). I did not realize the IUI required a catheter through the cervix, although if I would have given it some thought I guess I would have. The HSG was not fun, and I can’t say I’m looking forward to the IUI. All worth it in the end if it gets me pregnant. Here’s hoping we both get lucky!

I’ve not had an IUI but I’ve had an embryo transfer so assume the process is kind of similar; the worst bit of the catheter insertion is the full to bursting bladder they make you have to help with viewing the uterus (and when they press down it, gah!). The rest of it was a piece of piss - literally :). I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about, and certainly not when you keep your eye on the prize.

Just seen this thread, so just wanted to jump in with my belated good wishes. My IVF baby is currently asleep next door. Never been through an IUI, but assume parts are the same as the embryo transfer bit (catheter in, squirty squirty).

I won’t tell you to relax or think positive thoughts. Screw that. If it works it works, if not, I hope you have the reserves to go onto the next thing.

This month marks our 40th month trying to get pregnant (in total - we obviously have a pregnancy and baby in between). It sucks so much sometimes, even though we obviously have a baby now. I hope that doesn’t make you feel bad, and I didn’t know whether to post that, but just be prepared that if this works, and you always saw two children in your future, that the hurt doesn’t go away. I thought it would be different second time around, but sadly not.

Best of luck to you. The waiting bit is oh so hard.

Best of luck to you EmAnJ…sticky vibes and all that stuff :slight_smile:

You should be getting close to a point where you can test soon, right? Any news? hopeful fingers crossed

Thanks for asking. I did a test two days ago and it was negative but I was early (11 DPO). I will test again in Sunday, which will be one day past when my period is due, if I don’t get it. I don’t have a good feeling this month, however.

Also, I had some crushing news last week - my youngest sister is pregnant. Seven weeks. And she’s not prepared mentally or physically. I’m trying to wrap my mind around it while still hoping it worked this month, though I don’t feel like it did.

Either way, we have two more IUI’s before we take a break.

Don’t be disappointed if they make you take a month off in between. The fertility medication might make your ovaries cyst up - that’s what happened to me.

Thanks. They do say that you have to take a minimum of two months off after three rounds of Clomid (which is what I’m on).