AssHat U.S. Soldiers looting Iraq just like Iraqis

I distinctly recall that “war souveniers” aren’t permitted. That was yet another thing the Drill Sergeants drilled into our heads back in 1979. The Senior Drill Sergeant was fond of saying, “If it ain’t yours, it ain’t yours. Do not take it.”

Oh, I understand that, hell the Russians raped and looted their way through Berlin.

It just seems that these AssHats didn’t take into account that their theft would stir up anti-American fervor even more, which is something I don’t think anybody wants.

You follow the words of an ultra-thin fashion model?!

Methinks you might, MIGHT have meant “Twiki.” :wink:

Just for the heck of it, I think one or more of these articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice could apply in the situation under discussion (I’ve snipped the irrelevant parts & quoted it from http://www.military-network.com/main_ucmj/main_ucmj.htm:

99(6) and 103(b)(1)(b) seems to be the most on point. Please remember that it is also an offense to obey an unlawful order.

GOD-PUPPY-RAPING-DAMNIT!!!

That Buck Rogers reference was all I had. That was my entire bag, and now, nothing. I didn’t even know about the emaciated Ms. Lawson until now.

May she bdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdb-Burn in hell.

I have a vague memory about a policy either in Vietnam or WWII of doing random searches through the belongings of soldiers shipping home. The punishment for being caught with contraband was to be turned around and sent backk for another tour.

Has anyone heard of that before? Or did I dream it?

Archie Gates and Troy Barlow were unavailable for comment.

I don’t know about Vietnam but I can tell you that in Gulf I every soldier in 3AD was searched before we got on the plane for Germany. We were taken to a huge aircraft hanger and had to dump and spread all of our gear while MPs and dogs went through our baggage. Those found with contraband were given a field grade Article 15.

the fact that something has been around since a certain point in time, does not justify the reason for its existence.

These guys stole about $100,000. They’ll be breaking rocks for quite a few years. the US Army frowns on stuff like that.

So as we all line up to profess our “support for the troops” … does that include the looters and thieves, or no?

“I support our troops (except for the criminals)!” seems such a mouthful.

Still, better they lift a little cash than dump Iraqi babies out of incubators.

Air Force, Central Command set war trophy policy

Nobody got “sent back for another tour” as punishment. What’s more likely is that they were held over for NJP/court-martial.

Maybe and most probably I should take back that word.

In the meantime, may I search for any such use of ‘game’ by Bush in referring to the War on Iraq.

I will let you know and definitely take back my word, if I can’t find such a text and no one knowledgeable can help me either.

Please be patient.

Susma Rio Sep

This is a path dependent thing. Traditionally, armies were forbidden to loot; to do so violates the law of nations. (And if you really want me to, I can dig out my copy of Vattel’s treatise and give you citations.) But the navy did not have such a policy; naval officers were permitted to claim seized goods and vessels under the law of prize. (Also, remember privateering?)

Perhaps a naval doper will confirm or deny that the modern navy still recognizes the law of prize.

I’m very disappointed in the Air Force’s policy. It seems to me that the “powers that be” have caved into a very base thing. That’s sad.

Mr. Hand: I’m a “Naval Doper.” I have already quoted what I believe are the relevant punitive articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. In the United States, the Navy is subject to the same law as the Army.

Can these quotes courtesy of UncleBill at GQ be relevant to my allegation?

March 16, at the summit in the Azores, he said:

quote:And this game that he is playing is, frankly, a game that he has played over the last 12 years. Disarmament never happens. But instead, the international community is drawn into some perpetual negotiation, gestures designed to divide the international community, but never real and concrete cooperation leading to disarmament. 

Feb 7,:

quote:George W Bush said: "The game is over" and said Saddam must act now if he wants to avoid a military attack. 

March 8:

quote:Iraqi operatives continue to play a shell game with inspectors, moving suspected prohibited materials to different locations every 12 to 24 hours. And Iraqi weapons scientists continue to be threatened with harm should they cooperate in interviews with U.N. inspectors. 

CLedet, thanks for your patience.
Susma Rio Sep

Allegation:

Nope. All talking about Saddam playing a game.

Well as long as they leave something for the Iraqi looters, those buggers might actually desrve something back!