Astronaut kidnapping scheme

You laugh, but I’ve had nightmares about that kind of thing.

Imagine that you and your buddy Buzz are exploring the Moon for the first time. When you get back to the LM, it’s gone. It’s been dragged away, but the tracks don’t lead to anywhere conclusive. What the hell would you do?

So was there any evidence that they’d fraternized as it were? If so, she must have been hoping he’d try for a reentry.

Turns out “Yo mama is an astronaut” *is *an insult after all.

This happened to John Carter once, and maybe it was that HG Wells guy.

Only her ambiguos statements as to their relationship, and the picture of her standing beside him, glowing.

After 900 miles, I think the diaper would have been sufficient.

Hmm. Mental note: Don’t date astronauts. Co-workers may be insane.

IANAL, but I’d think that even attempted murder wouldn’t be a slam dunk in this case.

My alarm clock, tuned to NPR, woke me up today with:

“…police say the astronaut will be charged with attempted kidnapping. In other news…”

I have to say, I wasn’t expecting that.

Maybe she found she liked it a little TOO much. Maybe she found diapers to be a kinky turn on.

Am I the only person dying to see a picture of the other woman?? I need visuals!

:rolleyes:

So there are a bunch of astronauts out on what amounts to SERE training for astronauts: How to Survive if your Shuttle soft-lands in WayLostistan.

:dubious: Yeah, that’s gonna happen.

Anyway, there they are, camping in the wilderness, with a whole bunch of NASA-approved survival gear, and the local Science Fiction Geek Club is having their weekly meeting. “Hey, guys, it says here in the paper that those astronauts are having another training session! Let’s go see if their camp is unguarded!”

Madcap antics ensue involving stereotypical nerdy geeks wandering around in the wilderness at night. Eventually they find their way to the encampment.

A. It is guarded. No love. Darn. They collect signatures.

B. It is unguarded. w00t! “Hey, guys! Look! It’s an official NASA Canteen!”

That better?

My understanding is that they only added that because the judge was rather nonchalant with the original bail arrangement. I actually don’t think it will stick, either. Pepper spray is not attempted murder, regardless of all the other crap she was carrying.

She needs to be launched into a psych ward. Poor thing…she’s off the beam.

I was more worried about the Martians stealing our canteen technology. They would no longer need those canals, and if able to carry potable water about, they could build spaceships and walking machines, and invade earth!

I’d love to comment, but can’t stop laughing about the whole thing.

This story has a little bit of everything, for everybody–well done, Lisa et al!
<snorts>

Wow. That sounds like a discarded plot thread from Douglas Coupland’s All Families Are Psychotic. “Nah, too outlandish and melodramatic.”

tdn:

Or even worse, Space Clamped.

Don’t know if they wear them for launch still, but even Skylab in the early '70s had a hold-yourself-down shitter and hose, while the Shuttle has one of those, as well as a vulva-shaped vacuum piss funnel. Mmm.

When I first read that link I thought it said, “All Females Are Psychotic”…hey, wait a minute…

Iremember my father pointing out while watching TV from skylab that they urinated in their clothing.
Perhaps the diapers come into play during eight hour space walks. :slight_smile: