At a high level, Individual-ONE's policies are fine

I was kind of taken aback by

I mean, yes they are — ***if you are fucking insane ***.

What the hell is wrong with you, Sage Rat? Have you not been paying attention to his overarching policies? His goal is to destroy the government, like seventy three-year-olds who are pissed that they cannot have your toy so they want to break it so that you cannot have it. That is ok with you?

Fuck everyone who thinks like you sideways up the ass with a hedgehog, and then (you) apologize to the hedgehog.

(the original post: )

[spoiler]click the little blue arrow icon at the top of the quote box to see the post in the context of its thread

[/spoiler]

I thought he had a pretty good point. If you disregard everything he says (because talk is cheap), the new policies aren’t actually bad. That’s why his administration has lasted until this new crisis. The economy, and the rest of America has hummed right along based on the previous Administration’s policies that haven’t changed much.

The current President hasn’t really done much of anything besides talk a lot. If you are offended by his speech, then yeah, you think he is the new Satan or whatever. Some people actually care about what actually happens.

If you think that, you have clearly not been paying attention. He has worked very hard to shred every government agency he can reach. There have been problems with the food supply because he has ripped the heart out of the USDA. We will not begin to feel the effects of his trashing of the EPA for a while yet, but they may prove very troublesome. He has been fighting CAFE standards to the extent that he does not even want individual states to have restrictive control. He has even been fighting the use of Medicaid funds to fight the foxtrump virus, because, reasons,

At a “high level”, these are his policies. That they are implemented at a lower level does not make them not high-level policies.

Firefox’s built-in spell-checker flags “foxtrump” as not a word, though I see it is a hashtag on Twitter and DailyKos.

Google is able to find but a single occurrence of “Foxtrump virus” however, and yours is it. Congratulations! I did think “Covid-19” was too unwieldy a name.

His attempt to destroy affordable care is criminal, IMHO.

I can’t be bothered to search for it now, but I think Sage Rat said something similar before – he’s generally in agreement with Trump’s policies, such as they are. So I guess ruinous tariffs, border concentration camps, and Muslim bans are all OK. I started largely ignoring his posts after that.

Anyway, this is another example of what I’ve been saying for a while. Republicans love Trump because he’s doing what they want, what they have wanted for a long time. Even the “Anti-Trump Republicans” don’t really oppose his actions. They’re only pissed that he’s harming the Republican brand by being so coarse and so open about his grift. They accept self-dealing as long as you keep it quiet. They’re perfectly fine with shitting on the poor as long as you can pretty it all up for the Wall Street Journal OpEd page. They’ve been happily in bed with racists for 50 years. What’s not to like about Trump if you’re a Republican? If it weren’t for the rambling speeches and the incoherent tweets, there would be no Anti-Trump Republicans.

Especially anything enacted by the previous administration.